Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mill Lake  (Read 2364 times)

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
Mill Lake
« on: April 16, 2020, 02:07:09 PM »

Anyone know of Mill lake is open? Can not seem to find anything online about a closure. How’s the fishing there if anyone’s been out? Cheers.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Mill Lake
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 02:29:10 PM »

From City of Abbotsford's website:

"All City of Abbotsford Parks will remain open for the time being and public members using Parks are encouraged to follow safe health practices while using them including social distancing."

https://www.abbotsford.ca/public_safety/emergency_program/city_services_update_covid_19.htm#CITYUPDATES

So most likely access to Mill Lake is open. Trying to confirm with the staff at FFSBC right now and will update tonight.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 07:29:34 PM »

Thank you.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 08:25:44 AM »

With many city and regional parks, the parks are open but the parking lots and other facilities are closed. The message is that non-locals should stay closer to home.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

poper

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 08:39:30 AM »

It’s a pretty busy area around Mill lake, and not much parking, probably best to take a drive around the lake and check it out first, I think if your smart and practice social distances, no reason not go fishing.
Weathers good.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 06:39:53 PM »

It’s a pretty busy area around Mill lake, and not much parking, probably best to take a drive around the lake and check it out first, I think if your smart and practice social distances, no reason not go fishing.
Weathers good.
Thanks for the reply.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 06:06:58 PM »

Went out to Mill lake.  It is open. Lots of people there walking around the lake. It was too windy to fish out of my belly boat. The dock was busy with fisherman. Too many for proper social distancing so I just observed from a distance. A few guys were catching small stocked rainbows on fly rods. Lots of ducks and geese around there.