Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: on news now: comm. fishing opening today from 1pm-3pm??  (Read 2635 times)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
on news now: comm. fishing opening today from 1pm-3pm??
« on: August 11, 2004, 08:31:44 AM »

Just saw on news that an opening today between 1-3pm - silly question but coincidentally was thinking of going fishing today around peg leg - would the opening negatively impact any fishing I may try TODAY?

thanks
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 08:37:06 AM by dennisK »

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
Re:on news now: comm. fishing opening today from 1pm-3pm??
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 08:38:46 AM »

it might a little but go early for best results ;D oh and good luck :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 09:29:38 AM »

Just saw on news that an opening today between 1-3pm - silly question but coincidentally was thinking of going fishing today around peg leg - would the opening negatively impact any fishing I may try TODAY?

thanks
Wil not effect that area at all today and with only 2 hours there may not be that many boats out anyway so the effect may be minimial this time.

Nostro

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »

Gill Nets open 2 hrs, 13:00 to 15:00 Wednesday August 11 in that portion of Subarea 29-9 eastward of a line from Navigational Light No. 7A on Steveston Jetty to the S8 Navigational buoy and those waters north of the Albion Dyke No.2 and Subareas 29-13 to 29-17.  Note that the North and Middle Arm (Subareas 29-11 and 29-12) of the Fraser remain closed.  The maximum aggregate length of gill net permitted on the drum of the vessel is 100 fathoms (approximately 187.5 metres) Maximum mesh size is 140 mm (approximately 5.5 inches).  Maximum depth 60 contiguous meshes.  Maximum hang ratio 3:1.  Maximum corkline to web distance 45 cm.   Fishers are reminded of the importance of timely and accurate catch reporting requirements.  V.O. # 2004-STN-003

Note: This is a limited opening, in a lower potion of the Fraser. The nets are set for sockeye. Springs will get through. The net effect will be felt in days to come in the Pegleg bar area.
Never look a fish in the eye.