Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: One bad mother of a pin  (Read 7575 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
One bad mother of a pin
« on: January 30, 2007, 10:26:28 PM »

So, just browsing a few sites and I came across these pins....Pretty damn sweet, maybe one of the ultimate pins....Has a drag and one model is anti-reverse...WOW...made in jonny canuck land too....i'm hearing around $650...enjoy..

« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:28:12 PM by Xgolfman »

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: One bad mother of a pin
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 10:40:47 PM »

all i need now is to win the lottery! ;D
Fish killer 101

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 12:05:34 AM »

I've just finished making my beta version of a square (wooden) reel. I hope to have them out for production and up for sale by next Xmas. All come with anti reverse cuff and of course made in cheese-head land. Probably set you back about $20 big ones. Taking early orders that come with a complimentary toilet roll holder(actually some of the reels that didn't work out).
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 06:42:48 AM »

has a drag and anti-reverse...pfffft....lil' gurls toy...;)))

mojo ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 08:55:23 AM »

Hey Now...lets not forget the Avon has a drag system too... :D :D...Ok, it does...Honest...I can't find any web site for these guys..but the reviews of this have been Excellent...

I have a clicker pawl system on my flyreels too...my big reels have an excellent drag system though.. When I'm fighting big fish that drag has saved the day MANY times over my palming...If a decent system was used on a pin it would save your 8lb leaders a lot more then getting to aggressive with you hand and "SNAP"..

At least now I know what the outcry must have been like when they introduced that...Next thing I know you'll want to take my bobbers away.. :'(

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »

"getting to aggressive with you hand and "SNAP".."  That's the beauty of it though, you learn how to finesse your palming so that you don't end up snapping your line.  I think it also gives the fish a chance to get away if you aren't on top of things.  What fun is it, when you hook a fish and just drag it in.  Where's the sport in that?  That's why I don't agree with guys using heavy braided line(over 20lbs rating) while float fishing.
Ditto...Why use a drag system ??? ::)You want total control between you and the fish only.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 09:37:56 AM »

"getting to aggressive with you hand and "SNAP".."  That's the beauty of it though, you learn how to finesse your palming so that you don't end up snapping your line.  I think it also gives the fish a chance to get away if you aren't on top of things.  What fun is it, when you hook a fish and just drag it in.  Where's the sport in that?  That's why I don't agree with guys using heavy braided line(over 20lbs rating) while float fishing.

I have no finesse in my frozen fingers!!! :(

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 10:22:08 AM »

:D...better not tell the ladies that!  For me....most of the work is done by the rod itself.  I know that some people would find it a waste of money and say that you don't really need more reels but when you get into centerpins, you find out that there are a whole lot more out there.  Each reel has it's own special characteristics, so then you get into collecting them.

I'm pretending not too..but the ba$tards somehow keep showing up??? Won't be dropping any 650 on one..but the one sure looks sweet..(fancy one is a non drag model)...I heard Milners are all going up $100, so thought I'd better liberate one before that happens.. ;)

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 11:26:39 AM »

silly thing even has handles....must be for "impaired" folk?????

mojo :D :D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 07:10:56 PM »

Hey Now...lets not forget the Avon has a drag system too... :D :D...Ok, it does...Honest...I can't find any web site for these guys..but the reviews of this have been Excellent...

Met a fellow on the Cap who was using one (Angling Specialties pin)... it spun FOREVER.  He said he got it in Ontario.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 08:22:33 PM by Eagleye »

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 08:20:10 PM »

If that guy got it in Ontario, it may have been one of the prototypes.  I know that there was one out of the 10 made that didn't get sold so that maybe the one.  It still amazes me how well it spins and even better with line on it.

are you reffering to the angling spec reel or milner? 

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 09:01:52 PM »

Met a fellow on the Cap who was using one (Angling Specialties pin)... it spun FOREVER.  He said he got it in Ontario.

I did ran into him at the cap last year,he told me his pin cost him$700

Ken D

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 08:03:41 AM »

HELOO TROUTBREATH.......  You mean like this one?