Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: to bonk or not to bonk?  (Read 1530 times)

Joefisherman

to bonk or not to bonk?
« on: June 30, 2010, 11:06:11 PM »

I have been fishing from the shore on osoyoos lake for some time catching and releasing carp, loved it. Then last year was at the same thing. when  2 people told me to kill them, they are eating all the other fish (Trout) eating there eggs etc. so I did, catch and kill  , I complied, thinking, to preserve the Trout. Does any one have an  opinion on this? this year I caught them and released , my G/F felt sorry for them.   I did too, but  when I caught some  trout  trolling I did not really have remorse for bonking the carp the last time I was there

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: to bonk or not to bonk?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:13:38 PM »

Release them as its illegal to waste your catch. Its not our responsibility as sports fishermen to eradicate a species unless its written to kill any invasive species.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 11:47:49 PM »

Those carps in Osoyoos lake are common carps.  They prefer vegetarian diet (water plants), other food they would eat are insects, crustaceans and worms.

If people tell you carp can destroy a lake cause they eats and destroys water plants that they may have a point.  But to say carp eats trout that is a tad stretched.

lapa

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 12:58:33 AM »

Joefisherman ,
  Could you please send me your email address to laparod22@gmail.com. I would like to ask you a few questions.
thanks,
  lapa