Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recommend me a reel  (Read 3234 times)

ssd0904

Recommend me a reel
« on: May 02, 2010, 02:35:12 PM »

Im looking for about a size 2000~2500 reel that suits my price. Im looking for about $30~$150. I'm using it for saltwater(just from pier) and im going to put powerpro braid on it. Im looking for a reel that doesn't get rusted easily from saltwater, durable, and light (even though that's what most people are looking for) Im looking at Okuma Shimano and Daiwa and probably get them in May 15th Army and Navy parking lot sale. Thanks a lot, and even though it's not the brands above, you can recommend me other brands too. Thx.

joska

• Old Timer
Re: Recommend me a reel
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 10:01:06 PM »

for bait casting reels i got the abu garcia record 50 with 20lb power pro... and a abu 5600 c4 with 12lb  ultragreen...  shimano has some great little reels... my next purchase is a stratic but i have to say the sedonas are a nice reel for the price i have a 2500 and a 4000  i think you can get the drag in the front or the back its your call... when your done fishing in the salt water take your reel off the rod and put it in some luke warm water with a drop of dish soap and then let it dry it out, once its all dry inside oil it and  its as goos as new... there are kits you can buy at the tackle shop to clean and maintain your reel so its as good as new each time your out on the flow... hope this helps..
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

ssd0904

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 10:20:03 PM »

That's an excelelnt answer for me Tight-Lines. Im sorry i didnt state which reel im looking for, im looking for spinning reels. Ya i realized Sedona looked nice. it's in my list right now. Thanks for the info.

ssd0904

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 10:22:10 PM »

I just looked at the Stradic CI4 and they look real nice and sexy :) Even though the price is a bit high for me, i'll definately consider this one too lol. I like the red body and i just saw some reviews about it and it says they are great. Thanks!

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 10:51:54 PM »

not a problem... im glad i could help... hope the new reel helps you land the fish of a lifetime..

ssd0904

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »

If you find any good sites that ship to Canada with good deals on Shimano Stradic CI4 please tell me. Thanks

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 04:56:07 PM »

yeah not a problem if i find something i will be sure to let you know... wholesale sports opening soon in langley might be your best bet...

ssd0904

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 07:07:12 PM »

Yeah im waiting for it already ;) Im also going to the parking lot sale in Army and Navy on May 15th

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 07:12:51 AM »

might see ya at both events... ill be the one with the cart full of gear hitting and running over anything/anyone in my way ::)

ssd0904

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »

Guess i'll have to watch out not to get hit by your cart  ;D I'm using all my money up there  :D

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 05:16:43 PM »

there will be no mercy shown at both locations, its like boxing day in my mind but like 25x better... only way i could explain it to my girlfriend... i heard though the aisles that there will be some great deals so bring lots of cash...

ssd0904

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 05:57:40 PM »

For me, it's like Boxing day X 200 ;D. And dont worry, i have my wallet full of $20 that i can't even fold my wallet. Also found 2 coupons for 30 percent off and it's 140 for stradic ci4, if they don't have things i like, im gonna buy off tacklewarehouse.com