Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anybody else exited for upcoming pink salmon season. !!!!!  (Read 24045 times)

DanL

• Old Timer
Re: Anybody else exited for upcoming pink salmon season. !!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 11:32:25 AM »

I know most of you may think I am a bit crazy but after finishing this years fishing i could only start to look forward to another.

Ha we’re not even done with this year’s coho season and you’re already prepping for next year’s pinks!

Nothing wrong with that though. I look forward to pinks if for no other reason it’s by far the best opportunity to introduce newbies to salmon fishing in a more casual environment and still have a good chance they’ll actually have something on the line worth keeping.

I have fished for pinks for many years but i have only fished around richmond.
Has anyone fished for them around pitt meadows or haney dock.

People fish for pinks productively literally through out the entire length of the Fraser wherever shore access can be found. Thats one of the more appealing aspects of that fishery IMHO. No need to fight massive crowds at a few premium spots or other such lunacy. If you're willing to walk and explore a bit its not hard to find lots of action with hardly another person in sight.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 02:07:18 PM »

Dry fly fishing for pinks!  Please tell me more?  Clear water?  What flies, anything pink by any chance?

Clear water on the beaches.
Flies are either pink or a crystal white. Anything that created an extremely large wake was productive.

One of these days I may post a video... took so much footage of that weekend that's just been sitting there waiting for me to have time to do something with it.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »

I know most of you may think I am a bit crazy but after finishing this years fishing i could only start to look forward to another.
I have fished for pinks for many years but i have only fished around richmond.
Has anyone fished for them around pitt meadows or haney dock.
Thanks

I know the area well and have pink fished it for several seasons. Can be less that stellar from shore, we lost access to a good spot a few seasons ago and the Haney Wharf is always crowded though fun to watch. There are some shorelines you can fish from but no different than any where else.

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 03:50:45 PM »

Call me pink catching addict lol i must have spent at least 60+ days fishing pinks last year now lets make it 61+ next year lol

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 04:51:04 PM »

My pink count last year was 49 - just short of the magical 50.

Limited out several times in Richmond/Delta but that number includes an incredible day fly fishing at the mouth with a count of around 30.

Silex-user

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »

Can not wait for those pink salmon next year ..........a least I will able catch salmon again  ::) ;D

Silex-user

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 05:05:10 PM »

I live in Maple Ridge and the access to the Fraser is very limited especially  for those of us with a  disability so I  try to fish in the Langley/Abbotsford  area because the access along the Fraser is farr better with at least  4 large bars to fish from that are less than 30mins from the Golden Ears bridge.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

SilverChaser

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 05:08:05 PM »

Im interested to see how they will react to twitching jigs.
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

Humpy

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 05:17:21 PM »

They react very aggressively to twitching jigs, great way to learn the technique as they are plentiful.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 05:32:18 PM »

Clear water on the beaches.
Flies are either pink or a crystal white. Anything that created an extremely large wake was productive.

One of these days I may post a video... took so much footage of that weekend that's just been sitting there waiting for me to have time to do something with it.

Would love to see it!

Thanks for giving me the idea of dry fly fishing for them.  I find that there can be too much accidental flossing or snagging when swinging a sinking line or sink tip in less than clear water. Even a dry line with weighted fly can be a problem because of the sheer density of fish.   Fishing dry would be a great alternative.

Salmon__Slayer

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »

I know the area well and have pink fished it for several seasons. Can be less that stellar from shore, we lost access to a good spot a few seasons ago and the Haney Wharf is always crowded though fun to watch. There are some shorelines you can fish from but no different than any where else.
Thanks Have you tried fishing before the first nation reserve i think ill hit that spot first.

Salmon__Slayer

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 06:29:34 PM »

Has anybody tried float fishing them with a jig in the fraser  :D :D

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 06:33:26 PM »

No need to drive to Richmond.  Google earth any access point and chuck great in the water, as others have mentioned, usually with no one else around.

I have tried jigs and curl tailed grubs and other stuff.  Nothing works better than lures with flash, spoons and spinners, where I fish (mid- lower river).

Salmon__Slayer

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 06:38:35 PM »

No need to drive to Richmond.  Google earth any access point and chuck great in the water, as others have mentioned, usually with no one else around.

I have tried jigs and curl tailed grubs and other stuff.  Nothing works better than lures with flash, spoons and spinners, where I fish (mid- lower river).
Did u have lots of fish on the jigs.
And yes spoons work best i use an 1/4 gibs croc pink spoon