Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Passing of my belove brother George  (Read 1801 times)

Silex-user

Passing of my belove brother George
« on: September 01, 2023, 08:48:01 PM »

It's great sadness that my sisters and I lost our beloved, well known fisherman younger brother George. He had a courageous battled with rare disease Alamyoidosis which is un cure able and in end he lost  the battle last week. I am ten years older than him and taught him everything about fishing, especially steelhead and salmon fishing. During our younger years during the 80'and 90's we would jump on the ferry and headed over to Vancouver island and fished intensity for summer and winter steelheads and salmon. Our  love for steelhead fishing got us travelling to Haida Gwaii to fished famous Yakoun river many times. As we grew older, we moved out our parents' home. We went our separate ways in fishing and had different set of fishing friends. We both love fishing Chilliwack /Vedder river for steelheads
Mind you, he always done well in catching lots winter steelies. He regular guy whom always enter his hatchery steelheads in Fred's Derby while I was more low profile in entering my hatchery steelies in.
In honour of remembering my late brother George, his fishing buddies wanted to have memorial bench setup along Vedder river in honour his of name. Donations is currently being setup by his friends. If interest please contact Billcoward@hotmail.com.

RIP my beloved young brother.

James
Silex-user

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: Passing of my belove brother George
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 09:53:45 PM »

Sorry for the loss of your brother, James.

Sounds like you two had a very special relationship.

Aki

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 10:26:20 PM »

May your brother George rest in peace…

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 11:12:49 PM »

I didn't know George was your brother, my condolences. He passed away on the same day as my dad I think. I knew George was quite sick throughout this past year, but didn't expect him to be gone already. He will be really missed, always such a positive guy to chat with.

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 07:53:50 AM »

Sorry to hear of your brothers passing. I didn't know George personally but know many who did and they all speak very highly. I would see him often while out steelheading on the chilliwack/vedder over the winter and spring. May he rest in peace.

Jelly_

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2023, 05:20:08 PM »

My condolences. Im sorry to hear about your brothers passing, and my best wishes goes to you and your family. May he rest in peace.

uliwon

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2023, 01:24:21 PM »

So sorry to hear James,

I fondly recall many convo's with George at Berry's, and in later years, at Trade-show's where we would cross paths and catch up.

RIP buddy, I'll happily travel out and sit on your bench and tie a few leaders in your memory.

SBM

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2023, 10:50:23 AM »

Very sorry to learn of your brother's passing, James. I had the pleasure of meeting him and sharing the flow with him a few times. He was a great angler, and from what I could gather, a fine person.
As someone who has lost his only brother too soon in life, I can relate to your pain. My deepest  condolences to you and the rest of the family.

RIP George.