Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Indian Arm crab trip  (Read 1495 times)

Gooey

• Old Timer
Indian Arm crab trip
« on: June 10, 2006, 06:10:24 PM »

I will make this short as I am out for dinner at my parents.  Went crabbing today up indian arm.  We were around bedwell bay i think, the little island across the inlet from the deep cove marina.  We caught lots of 6 inch dungies but no keepers and 3 legal red rocks. 

Unfortunate thing, we set 2 traps and only found 2 upon our return.  I dont know if the bouy sunk under the surface or if it was stolen.  We were using a sliding bouy and we noticed the trap we did find, the line got all twisted so technically had that happened to the other trap and the bouy couldnt slide on the line then it may be suspended as the tide came in (we set the traps at loooow tide).

If any one is out in that area, a little bay close to the little island near the opening of bedwell, please do keep any eye out for a red and white bouy with the name Dean Landstad on it. We set the trap in 65 feet of water with a 100 rope if it untangles or if when the tide goes down, it might be there.  Its a metal and nylon mesh folding trap, feel free to pull it and call the number on the bouy for a pick up.

Thanks

Goeey

lucky

• Old Timer
Re: Indian Arm crab trip
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 06:48:42 PM »

Will be out that way tomorrow, I will keep my eyes open, we have had the same thing happen out there from time to time. Usaully on days like today with a big tide change, theres a good chance those traps are long gone from that area though, if the float went under then the trap could of drifted a long ways with the tide. That area is pretty has a pretty rocky bottom not the best spot for dungees, but there are lots of redrock out  there. I dont think anyone would of taken them from that area, with so many boats out there on a weekend I think it makes the thieves nervous.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 08:33:42 PM »

thanks lucky...as I said, we were in a little bay... if you were facing the shore (pointing south east im guessing) there was a beacon or marker on the point to our left and maybe 50 feet from shore.

Thanks in advance.

Gooey

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 09:41:48 PM »

Unfortunate thing, we set 2 traps and only found 2 upon our return. 

??? ???

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 11:31:16 PM »

i am going crabing in that area tom if i do find one floating i will contact you ;D