Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The best trout Spoons or your own personal favs  (Read 6253 times)

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: The best trout Spoons or your own personal favs
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 12:11:07 AM »

Is there any local spots you can recommend for shore fishing for cutthroat?
Sorry, I am very tight lipped about this particular fishery.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 10:22:38 AM »

for cutties the fraser, harrison, and stave are your best bet at catching em. there is more but i dont really wanna share. Just remeber to cover LOTS of water and wach carefully for risers. as for trout spoons in rivers i use a size 1 gold hammered colarado under a float. for lakes anything small and silver works good, also a weddingband with no bait works good to cast and retrieve.also i use size3 flatfish.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

Matt1984

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 10:36:27 AM »

for cutties the fraser, harrison, and stave are your best bet at catching em. there is more but i dont really wanna share. Just remeber to cover LOTS of water and wach carefully for risers. as for trout spoons in rivers i use a size 1 gold hammered colarado under a float. for lakes anything small and silver works good, also a weddingband with no bait works good to cast and retrieve.also i use size3 flatfish.
Thank you for the info, I was actually thinking of trying the stave or harrison.. so that works out well.. what other local fish live in those rivers?

Matt1984

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »

also i know this is probably a dumb question but i have never fished a spoon with a float what are the benefits and is it your best bet to do that in the rivers?

FishOn36

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 02:44:44 PM »

Any particular color?
any particular colors for the Pixees?

Nickel plated with Fluorescent Red insert (looks pink)

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 04:59:24 PM »

also i know this is probably a dumb question but i have never fished a spoon with a float what are the benefits and is it your best bet to do that in the rivers?
A Colorado blade isn't a spoon, it's more like a very light spinner. The benefit is that you can keep your lure in the zone (1 foot off the bottom for salmon/steelhead) while the float moves downstream in rivers. Use of a float allows you to have longer drifts and to better control the action of the blade.

Butch1949

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 06:40:02 PM »

May 1st opening day on Tonkwa Lake, I caught the largest rainbow at 3 lbs,there were a few 2 lbs'ers caught by others , I used a wooly bugger behind a willow leaf gang troll, that fish hit so hard almost took the rod out of my hand 8)
"I don't catch fish"

steve B

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 11:53:47 AM »

Gibbs crocs you cant go wrong with my fav is the brass 1/4 oz hammered finish with the fire stripe 2 nd would be the gibbs croc 1/4 oz silver with the fire stripe