Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shuswap Lake  (Read 2093 times)

Headshake

Shuswap Lake
« on: June 25, 2006, 10:10:55 AM »

I'm going to shuswap for the long weekend with the kids. Never fished there, and I don't have a boat. Is there any point to taking fishing gear and casting from shore? what to use, what method? Any help would be appreciated.
I'ts either a fish or the bottom!

rivan

• The most fun you can have with your boots on!
Re: Shuswap Lake
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 12:01:06 PM »

I was up there a couple weeks ago.

I didn't post any reports about my trip to the shushwap because I got skunked.......I would still bring the gear if I were you though.
Time of day I was fishing probably had a lot to do with why I didn't get any action, but then again, it could have had a lot to di with the method as well.

While I was there, I rented a sport boat for a day (8 hours).  Tried fishing for the first 1/2 the day with no luck then, decided to make the most of the $400.00 rentral and jsut all take turns on the tube.  The water was really high 2 weeks ago, I'd immagine it still is now.  I think the name of the place I rented the boat from is called Magna Bay, its located on the north shushwap in Anglemont.

Your fresh NON-Tidal fishing licence will be ok if you plan to catch and release and rainbow or char, but I believe ou can keep kokane and dollies.  I did spend the money for the rainbow sticker on my licence.  Maybe I'll get another chance to head up that way again before the tag expires.

Have a great Canada Day long weekend up in Shushwap, and tight lines  :)
Real anglers dont bring beer

sliverbullet

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 02:02:10 PM »

bring the gear. I dont think you will have much luck for rainbows from shore. but some fun for the kids are pike minnow

Headshake

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 10:22:05 PM »

Thanks for the info. It's really great that you all take the time to help me with a lake that I'm totally unfamiliar with. I don't think I'm going to spend too much time on the pike minnow fishing, so maybe we will leave all the gear at home.

Thanks again.
I'ts either a fish or the bottom!