Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: buntzen or jones  (Read 5115 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: buntzen or jones
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 01:49:22 PM »

Why shouldn't we have a sense of entitlement? After all we are paying for the fish aren't we?

If the government wants to increase angler participation why are they a month behind in their stockings? To me it looks like someone at the hatchery has dropped the ball. If it's simply a case of being short staffed why not solicit for volunteers like other hatcheries do?

As I understand it the costs of raising fish are quite high, now with one of the mildest winters on record why wouldn't they want to get the fish into the lakes as early as possible to save on rearing costs.

Btw, not everyone is happy to just float around on the lake all day looking at birds, some people go fishing to catch fish! Especially those with young children who are new to the sport.

I have 3 kids. I brought my 4 year old last week. We caught nothing but he had a great time just learning. I explained to him that its part of the fun. If you catch something or not its fun to just try and do your best to try and trick the fish into biting. Some days you catch something some days you dont and thats why we keep coming back.

We are paying next to nothing. Show me the detailed numbers of how much it costs to stock every lake and river they stock with trout ( not salmon or steelhead ) and than come back with the detailed numbers of how much they make on the sales of freshwater licences ( without any tags ) than we can see what we are entitled to.

One more thing, they are not late with the stocking for the entire province just the Lower Mainland.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 02:33:28 PM by bbronswyk2000 »

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

jeff

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »

Hey BB2000 what age were your kids when you started bring them along fishing?
Enjoying the water..........

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 03:18:43 PM »

Hey BB2000 what age were your kids when you started bring them along fishing?

I usually start them off at the age of 3. They can fully understand whats going on at that age. I took my 4 year old in the boat for the first time last weekend. He turned 4 in January. I am a bit of a safety nut so some may bring their kids in a boat at a younger age but I just play things safe. Now if we were talking a large boat ( 16 foot plus ) I may bring a kid in at a younger age but with a 10 footer I wouldnt.

When they are 3 we just do some shore fishing for an hour or two just to get them comfortable. I usually bring some of their toys with us as well so when they get bored they can do other things while they wait for the bite. I have a 13 year old son and tried it with him but he never got into it and even when he was young never got excited about it. My 4 year old son is always very excited to go no matter what. My 8 year old daughter is a girlie girl and has no interest in fishing. She finds it boring and too much like something a boy would do LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

jimmywits

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 09:52:11 AM »

Quote We are paying next to nothing. Show me the detailed numbers of how much it costs to stock every lake and river they stock with trout ( not salmon or steelhead ) and than come back with the detailed numbers of how much they make on the sales of freshwater licences ( without any tags ) than we can see what we are entitled to.

There is an article by Bill Otway in this month's edition of BC Outdoors sport fishing page 8, on this very subject. The title is Government Profit Large from Sport  Fishing. It is based on the November report released by the Fresh Water Fisheries Society of BC titled  "Freshwater Sport Fishing in British Columbia report." It is a good informative read.

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 11:40:10 AM »

Hey, just wondering if anyone has been to buntzen or jones lately if so how did it go? Thx.
trout80 try asking your question on the report section then someone may answer it :-\
This is general discussion so hence the off topic replies ;)
hope this helps :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 11:46:49 AM »

trout80 try asking your question on the report section then someone may answer it :-\
This is general discussion so hence the off topic replies ;)

No please don't do that. The fishing report section is for fishing reports only and we always move all questions into the general discussion.

Trout80 already got his answer anyway, fishing at both lakes are equally poor judging by how many cranky replies he received. ;)

I'm still curious on what recent fee hikes people are referring to.

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 12:07:43 PM »

sorry Rod I thought i was giving good advice, but now I am confused
So if someone asks for a report say on a lake it has to be in the general discussion section, then if someone reports on the lake, you will then move it to the reports section?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 12:16:28 PM »

it's not always black and white of course. Answers to the question will just stay in the same thread without being moved to the fishing report section because usually the answers are not specific. We want to keep the fishing reports section with just that, fishing reports, which have locations (either specific or generic) and dates indicated so it is a systematic archive that readers can refer back to.

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 10:45:03 AM »

Ok :)