Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Entertainment  (Read 2359 times)

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
Entertainment
« on: August 08, 2004, 10:59:20 AM »

When one sticks his hand in a trailer hitch resulting in a trip to the emergency ward and some stitches, it ruins his fishing and golfing. Other forms of entertainment must then be found and mine has been visiting Peg Leg's most days to watch the many TOW ers at work. A pair of field glasses works wonders to view the Fraser River activities. My general impression is that there are hundreds of people simply having fun and I get to thinking, what a wonderful country we live in. Families out camping, enjoyiong the sunshine and having a great time. In a pout because I can't join the crowd, I take great delight in watching those in 4 x 4's run the channel at high speed only to find that water and electrical components in a truck don't mix as vehicals stall. It must be embarrassing to sit in the vehical in the channel trying to start the motor that is soaking wet. Great stuff ! I also enjoy watching those that turn to the right and take the deeper channel only to find that 4 x 2's spin out and that perhaps "slow and steady wins the race" is a motto to be ingrained in all.
I hope everyone is enjoying this great country of ours !  ;D
"One man of courage makes a majority"

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
Re:Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 11:09:34 AM »

ouch! be carefull man! sounds like a great show though kind of a redneck rodeo, not that I wasnt doing the same thing last weekend ;D