Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Wed Oct. 25th.  (Read 5079 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Vedder Wed Oct. 25th.
« on: October 25, 2006, 10:24:33 PM »

So today went out early to catch me a coho.  Water level seems to be up just a tad bit.  But colder.  Chum and springs are moving through the system at a relative fast pace.  Got into a 30+lb spring early in the morning I figured it's still early I don't want to carry the fish around so back he goes.  (By the way, I was regrating it madly later on the day, I didn't get into another chromer spring).

Anyways towards late afternoon I finally got into a huge wild coho.  But he's so photo shy he decided to take off. Oh well.  Just as we're going to call it a day... here's the nice coho that wants to come home with us...

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Vedder Wed Oct. 25th.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:30:13 PM »

Nice fish you bastard!! ;D Not sure what I am doing yet friday and the weekend, I guess we'll see how this rain pans out. ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 10:31:20 PM »

We'll see how accurate the weathernetwork is this time. Tommorrow should rain hard. ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 10:34:37 PM »

See folks, this is what BwiBwi does. He posts a contraversial topic on the forum, gets people arguing over a headless fish. Meanwhile he's out catching more coho while none of us are. ::)

Nice fish. ;)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:36:14 PM »

;D ;)

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 10:56:10 PM »

Nice fish , havent seen a coho posted for a while
crab cakes

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 11:00:16 PM »

Damn...that's a nice fish!!! Forgot what they looked like..

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 11:07:21 PM »

really nice fish.

you're better at fishing the flow, than trolling online.  ::)

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 07:57:09 AM »

still haven't hooked a coho this year! Man u lucky sons of Fish, what u feedin them? ;D
Fish killer 101

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 09:18:00 AM »

congrats on another nice coho you have there  ;) you should change your name to coho magnet instead of Bwi  :D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 11:52:48 AM »

Went out today for first light in the upper end and only got into 4 springs so at 9:30 we decided to hit mid river. I decided that this would be a good spot to bust out the fly. First cast in I could see the coho chasing my fly almost to shore so I just kept trying and finally I got one to hit. It was a nice little 2lbs jack. I also got one around 14lbs wild buck. After noon we decided to hit the lower river and with the wind I decided to go back to the drift gear and I got into a couple nice springs and a few chum. Didn't land any of them as they where a little too much for my 2106 but it was sure nice to play them. So all and all it was a pretty good day on the river. Although the jack was a little small it still was my first coho on the fly  ;D ;D .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Compleat_Angler

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 12:34:48 PM »

went out first light, got a nice glimpse of ther sun before the clouds n rain came in, nothin but chums, omfg, but decent colors, not too dirty,but all nicely releaqsed, hooked into bout 8  all in the mouth, on diff colors of wool, few springs caught, even used roe all fresh chum and no takers, was really weird day, river came up a bit yesterday, but still , even tried the fly only chums,nothin worth really sayin about,k fished till 2 n left was gonna go today but cancelled and maybe tomm but not sure,
was in the lower river, wasnt worth fishing to be honest the rain must come heavily till we go back .
tightlines

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 12:40:46 PM »

thanks for the report guys!!!, Nice hoe BWI
weeeeeeeeeow!

Kelso

• Steelhead 6 Kelso 35
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 02:16:15 PM »

Got this one late last night. Took a few pics and then back into the river.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 02:48:41 PM »

fished tuesday and not a whole lot to report other than the usual chums and springs. Headed up for the last couple hours of daylight yesterday, good to see the water level inching up a bit. Landed and released a nice chromish 20 plus lbs spring and several nice chums all on roe. decided to head down river to a set of runs a little ways above the crossing, again fishing roe. Had a few nice float downs but kept missing the strike. i switched to hammered silve #4 colorado, and first drift thru the blade is hammered by a beauty 10 or so lbs doe hatchery coho..... smack ! .... It's getting on towards sunset as i begin casting again..... nothin for 10 or so casts so i switch back to a small piece of roe with a shred of white wool, again on the first drift through the run, float down, hook set, fish goes arial, jumping and twisting and shiny bright.... another nice 8 - 10 lbs coho, a second hatchery doe comes to hand and into my fish bag. That did it for me.... off for home with somethin to feed my smoker and some choice berries to cure up... Will be back at it next week.... come on rain  ;)