Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hat  (Read 5267 times)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
Re: hat
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 10:56:50 AM »

As others have mentioned, I hate wearing the hood on my fishing jacket. Your field of vision is really limited. I picked up a waterproof and fleece lined hate from Army and Navy last year and I LOVE it. It is not the most fashionable hat as the brim is super wide like a RCMP ceremonial hat :o It was about 20-25 bucks. For a bit more $ you can get a gortex hat by OR.

I like wearing a baseball cap when the weather is decent as it sheilds my eyes, protects my head from the sun, helps my polarized glasses work better, and is a good place to put my glasses if it gets cloudy.

fishman

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 07:20:17 PM »

I use these Australian bush hats they are big rimmed and keep the sun out of your eyes, as well as the rain. Out it over the top of rain  jacket hood and got excellent visibility and protection to boot. Water just runs off it.
Got them online I they are great.

Suther

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 08:34:57 PM »

I use these Australian bush hats they are big rimmed and keep the sun out of your eyes, as well as the rain. Out it over the top of rain  jacket hood and got excellent visibility and protection to boot. Water just runs off it.
Got them online I they are great.

Yupp. Bought mine years ago from Skyview Outdoors, right by Scott Road Skytrain station in Surrey.

As long as I dont lose it, I bet it'll last 30 years or more - its already 8 years old and looks no worse for wear. Best $80 I ever spent on a hat.

obie1fish

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 04:59:17 PM »

Go for the combo: cap brim keeps the rain hood from coming down too low over the face in I climate weather. Also, the cap is essential for me as I can pull it down over my face when I farm a strike...or birds nest my reel. :o

koifish

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 05:01:18 PM »

i cant fish with my hoodie on i literrly hate it thats why i use a hat lol

zap brannigan

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 10:39:36 PM »

love hoods and i always wear a hat.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 11:31:38 AM »

Wear hats for a couple reasons:

1. I wear glasses and the bbal cap or aussie brim keeps rain/drizzle off of them
2. warmer
3. sheilds sun from eyes and reflections in my glasses
4. if i put my rod down in a hurry (ie releasing or bonking) I will put my hat down for my reel if it's a sandy spot or anything I want to keep my reel clean of (easier and cheaper to wash my hat that have to fully service or repair a reel)
5. I don't like the hood from my jacket either unless it's a downpour of epic proportions, or the wind going around my neck/down my back is really cold.

I've been looking at http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/Hats.shtm for a new hat... prices seem good, free shipping in the US (have family in Bellingham) and waterproof...
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

mdc8427

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 05:41:27 PM »

gonna save you another post....
its also a good idea to wear socks with your shoes as well. lol

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 06:30:46 PM »

ohhhhhh NOW you've done it - what color socks? knee high? ankle cut? made of what? do I wear different ones depending on the river I go to? (what ones do you wear when you go to... what was that 'special' spot again??)...  you said shoes, does that mean you don't wear boots when you fish?  do you find you catch more with shoes than boots? do you wear boots when you go to (what was that special spot again?).  What about shaving?  if you don't shave do you catch more than if you do? and food - should I pack coffee or hot chocolate? and what color is the best color for my thermos?  Not asking for any SECRET color - just a place to generally start from.....
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 08:30:51 PM »

I wear a Helly Hanson rain coat which costed me about a 100 bucks. Looking to upgrade as it soaks through when it really pours. How much for a simms raincoat and are they light wieght?. I recently upgraded my neopremes to Sims breathables, cost me 850 bucks.(Ouch),as they had to be custom made to accomodate a size 13 shoe size.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:07:33 PM by Dennis.t »

fishtruck

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 09:15:13 PM »

I don't eat fish the day before I fish LOL

fishtruck

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 09:23:13 PM »

I don't eat fish the day before I fish LOL