Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warning for boat owners  (Read 2547 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Warning for boat owners
« on: April 15, 2008, 12:20:19 PM »

I herd today that there are some people traveling around stealing the kickers from boats in the middle of the night. These people know exactly what they are doing and will even cut the wiring in the right places for the controls. I have herd of at least three taken in the last 2 weeks in Maple Ridge along. One of which was just around the corner from my house in the early hours of Saturday morning. I still do not know how they knew this boat was even there as we live on a very quiet circle kind of off the beaten path. So be careful and take every percaution.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Randofish

• I'm a llama!
Re: Warning for boat owners
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 12:26:56 PM »

They stole my buddies whole boat yesterday!! >:(
16 green lund with side console and 50hp honda 4 stroke.
Keep your eyes peeled.
Stolen from 240th area during the day when he was at work.
Left at 6 and home at 2 and gone. :'(
Rando
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:30:55 PM by Randofish »
The Fishin Musician

tnt

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:47:54 PM »

some A$$ hole broke into my outside freezer and cleaned all our venison out... with a pad lock on it....yesterday... we see a ton of insuraneclaims for kickers... take them off at the end of the day if i is not locked inside...

the thunder Jet dealer in Kamloops lost a boat on sunday... Bright yellow... keeps the eyes peeled...
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 02:34:31 PM »

Ingrave and metal stamp your name/phone number on it.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 07:26:37 PM »

Same thing's going on here in Washington.  Word has it that it's for meth money.  I'm gonna go out on craigs list to see what I find.  If I find something, I might take my detective friend out to look at it and ask some questions. 

scuntor

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 06:39:46 AM »

So much cheap boating stuff on Craigslist. Has to make one wonder where it all comes from. Could it really be that easy to sell a stolen boat or outboard online without getting busted?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 07:08:15 AM »

If your boat or motor was somehow recovered by the police, it would just go to their auction. With the grow-op material and the stolen bikes, tools etc. They make no attempt to return it. There was some talk of putting a wall around Maple Ridge to keep those heathens out of Surrey etc.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

warlo_527

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 07:41:54 AM »

The fence is a good point, but the "they make no attempt to return it" is probably not accurate. I would imagine that half the people who actually do report the loss of an outboard do not have the serial number recorded. Then the other half the crook actually removes the serial number..no serial number no return to owner. Engraving or other means of identifying the property is a good idea..but the authorities have to be able to find it as well and most will not be examining the whole motor to find the info. For the boat owners I think there is some gps trackers that are coming down in price..cool option. Hide and and lock it.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »

Who is stupid enough to leave their kicker on their boats outside? Mine is in my house. I can see if its a 20HP kicker ( even though if it was my 20HP kicker I would bring it inside ) as thats going to be over 200lbs but anything under that c'mon bring it in the house.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family