Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 38 Sockeye Runs endangered  (Read 1385 times)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures

Leadhead

Re: 38 Sockeye Runs endangered
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 07:28:04 PM »

Although I have not read the report, it probably contains some truths. But like all drivel put forth by the Sierra club, it probably is extremely bias to their anti use agenda. ::)

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 09:08:06 AM »

Yes it is sad to hear that 38 Sockeye runs are endangered. And one of the endangered runs is the Cultus Lake Sockeye which unless things improve significantly could be on the road to extinction. Unless better enforcement, and conservation measures are put in place the handwriting is on the wall as to the future for the Sockeye salmon in B.C..  :'(
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 09:10:11 AM by dennyman »

cutthroat

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 04:14:25 PM »

Leadhead,

If you don't have time to read the report, you shouldn't make time to assume some or all of it is drivel.  This whole "preservationist" vs. "Conservationist" thing is just boring, and it ultimately gets in the way of protecting the fish we all love. 

It's not like you have to love the Sierra Club to agree with them sometimes, do you?  ;)

Leadhead

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 04:48:11 PM »

I don't think it is "boring", it scares the s**t out of me that people will beleive anything the sierra club says. They will always throw in the odd tidbit off truth as in this report, but in the end it is always a means to an end for them. Give them an inch and before you know it they have taken a yard.

If you want to "jump into bed" with them on certain issues , go ahead, But grow eyes in the back of your head.