Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: April Fools  (Read 3615 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
April Fools
« on: April 01, 2011, 09:51:01 AM »

So did anyone do a "April fools" joke this morning. I always enjoyed Rodney's April fool's stuff on here but I guess he must be to busy fishing  :'(

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: April Fools
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 11:07:44 AM »

So did anyone do a "April fools" joke this morning. I always enjoyed Rodney's April fool's stuff on here but I guess he must be to busy fishing  :'(

That is the joke of this year! ;D

Totally missed it this year, but will come up with something more creative next year. ;D

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 12:33:20 PM »

Last year was a hall of famer.  Restocking of stokes pit...  Got me excited for sure!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 03:33:58 PM »

A buddy told me today the river was blown... yeah right.
The Bigger The Better!

Butch1949

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 03:40:03 PM »

Speaking of "Pit"...my wife missed this year wrapping saran wrap around the rim of the toilet's and putting the lids down....her annual-lol
"I don't catch fish"

arimaBOATER

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 10:40:21 PM »

Got caught by Rod's "April Fool's joke 2 yrs ago (think it was)...a giant goldfish caught in LaFarge Lake...
I was a newer member back then thus NEVER SAW IT COMING..........

Heard on the veicle radio that someone put real motor oil on the brother's pancakes...& the guy ate 2 forkfuls before he knew "something was not right" !!! (gee a person could get really sick !!!)

That plastic wrap on the toilet seat...gave me an idea...PUT A BIG RUBBER SNAKE IN THE TOILET....let the wife find it in the am ...
We all know how ladies like "snakes"  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 10:56:31 PM »

That plastic wrap on the toilet seat...gave me an idea...PUT A BIG RUBBER SNAKE IN THE TOILET....let the wife find it in the am ...
We all know how ladies like "snakes"  ;D

Better be prepared to be sleeping in the garage. ;D

rheticus

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 12:18:23 AM »

I heard today that Berry's next Introductory Danish classes already are full and have a waiting list.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 04:23:09 PM »

Ya F Assassin (like that handle...once watched a really entertaining 1960's-70's wrestling tagteam called the Assassins...wore masks..they would sometimes slip in a piece of steel plate into the mask & head bonk the other wrestler ...which then knocked the guy out for the pin.) Guess these guys would look good with a fishing rod in their hands (masks on)...
Of course it was all acting BUT it sure got the fans screaming !!!!)

Guess though a TRUE April fools trick is really untrue info as to trick someone....kinda like ..phoning a guy at work & telling him that his house is on fire .....
The rubber snake in the toilet is MORE of a practical joke. My wife is not a senior yet so maybe one day I'll try it out.(senior lady may have a heart attack & croke)
If she kicks me out of the house then ...I'll go on a fishing trip (no garage for me) ;D
By the way toiday is April Fool's Day...the major earthquake near Japan sent the earth in a 24hr TIME WARP as it turns out...it's all over CNN CBC NEWS right now.... no takers... :((well I tried)
Food's digested ...better get outside...WOW nice Spring day or what !!!!

Read a story if ya put fresh "dung" on your hook it will catch fish...look for the product at your favourite tackle shop this week. :o

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 04:55:28 PM »

Someone along the Lougheed Hwy near Port Moody painted a whole tree "BLUE"...............
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:02:35 PM by CohoMan »

Butch1949

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 05:32:58 PM »

A-Boater....luv the snake thing gotta go get one from the ball by the Vedder and slip it under the Saran-wrap...OMG....lol...and I heard if you dry out dung real good, you can use it like coals and cook with it, beach barbies will never be the same... :'(     
"I don't catch fish"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 05:52:26 PM »

Someone along the Lougheed Hw near Port Moody painted a whole tree "BLUE"...............

Must be a misguided Grief fan. ;D