Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Snaggers  (Read 7337 times)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Re: Snaggers
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 04:57:06 PM »

well maybe social media may be the answer.  theres websites for people who think they're hot. theres websites saying people are a cheater, theres websites for fat people at walmart.

maybe one for 'snaggers' or poachers would be a funny idea.  everyone has a smart phone..... just snap a pic and upload the location and date/time.

we can all get a laugh, and when I roll up on the bank between 386 people. I can say "hey man, great snag last thursday, love the size 6 hook."  ;)

Maybe we should start a thread to post them, or a general BUTTHOLE thread.  (Just don't get caught with the camera in your hand, pointed at them LOL)
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

Fillibert

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 06:53:52 PM »

When I was looking for tips to switch out my hooks to barbless I stumbled upon this, sad...
http://spoonbillking.com/snagging-hooks/barbless-treble-hooks/spoonbill-king-barbless-snagging-hooks-10-0-12pk.html

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 08:08:59 PM »

:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 08:20:36 PM »

When I was looking for tips to switch out my hooks to barbless I stumbled upon this, sad...
http://spoonbillking.com/snagging-hooks/barbless-treble-hooks/spoonbill-king-barbless-snagging-hooks-10-0-12pk.html

Every good snagger needs a good snagging hook!! LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

banx

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 09:11:44 AM »

Maybe we should start a thread to post them, or a general BUTTHOLE thread.  (Just don't get caught with the camera in your hand, pointed at them LOL)

the three times I called the Rapp line I told the guys I was taking their picture and sent em in.....

Fillibert

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 07:11:53 PM »

Again the DFO should have a text-in line. Take a pic and text info, done. I think less ppl would hesitate to use it. Faster and more discreet than talking to a person on the line. And the DFO would have a record they could file on repeat offenders.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »

Some places allow snagging of salmon just so you know as it seems like some people are in awe that they make hooks specifically for snagging.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Drewhill

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 10:53:08 PM »

AKA Capilano Cable Pool hooks

TacoChris

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 09:54:22 AM »

Those hooks are made to snag spoonbill not salmon. They are filter feeders and do not bite. It is perfectly legal when open.

TNAngler

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 10:51:35 AM »

There are also places where snagging of invasive and harmful species is allowed.  Where they don't care how you get them out of the system, they want the fish out.