Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squamish area?  (Read 2882 times)

tsuribaka

• I'm a llama!
Squamish area?
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:21:43 PM »

Anyone have any reports or know how things are going up in the Squamish area?  I have been way to busy to be on the water and have not been up that way for a while so looking for some info.  Ive got some time off soon  :) and am hoping to spend more than a few days up there.  Thanks

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Squamish area?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 05:55:53 PM »

Fishing is not hot. Normally during August of odd years pink salmon fishing can be good. This year is different as the stock size is expected to be small due to the large flood we had in October 2003. Due to this concern, pink salmon is closed to retention on the Squamish, but catch and release is still allowed.

Last Friday, water was still very silty, even just downstream of the Mamquam river mouth. We looked at the water and didn't bother to fish that much because I didn't really believe the fish would be eager to bite under those conditions. There were some risers, but the number was not there.

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 09:50:45 PM »

Was there Tuesday.  Very very slow with the few and far between rising fish.  I did see a seal though in the area where Rod was saying so either he has followed the odd fish in or he is waiting for them to show in any numbers. 

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 11:04:54 PM »

friends were up there last weekend and caught 2 pink in 1 day heading up there on saturday to see what happens.

tsuribaka

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 01:07:09 AM »

Thanks guys.  BTW what is the retention up there for Pinks?  Or is it all CnR? 

Also how about the other rivers up there?

Thanks again!

Landon

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 01:12:44 AM »

Thanks guys.  BTW what is the retention up there for Pinks?  Or is it all CnR? Also how about the other rivers up there?

Fishing is not hot. Normally during August of odd years pink salmon fishing can be good. This year is different as the stock size is expected to be small due to the large flood we had in October 2003. Due to this concern, pink salmon is closed to retention on the Squamish, but catch and release is still allowed.

All other rivers in the Squamish Area are tributaries of the Squamish River. Tributaries are closed unless specified in the regulations. Please check the freshwater salmon supplement, region 2. Scroll down to Squamish River.