Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Albert Dyck Park fishing  (Read 20454 times)

Sam6140

Re: Albert Dyck Park fishing
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 06:05:16 AM »

That lakes makes me think that it's used as a rearing pond for small bass.   Then the bass get caught, then stocked in various location.   I'm really excited to start bass fishing as soon as it stops raining.  I went shopping and got all kinds of lures over the past couple of weeks.   I will give Albert Dyck a go, as well as the pond at Trinity University and the river next to it.   I'm just wondering as a New Bass fisher, if those are the best places to start.  Seems like it from all my research.  But I live close to Pitt Meadows too, and don't have a boat. :(   

I know how a lot of people are strictly against bass in our waters, and I understand.  But it's nice to have some decent fish of a good size that aren't too hard to catch.   I think that Northern Pikeminnows are the REAL culprit for eating up all the trout and salmon fry - especially in the Fraser River.   That's why those fish have a bounty in other areas.   I personally am so sick of constantly catching them at Buntzen lake, and having to deal with the thousands of them around anything I put in the water to target trout. 

noxcape

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 09:46:49 AM »

those are the perfect plkaces to start also  check out fish trap creek in abby its got some big fish in there

Sam6140

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 06:48:37 AM »

Cool thanks Noxscape.  I do of course know of all the great spots in Pitt Meadows.   Would you consider Pitt Meadows (area 51/52) challenging?  Should I bother just in case I get discouraged?  I can do the Allouette River wiithout a boat though.

noxcape

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 10:06:45 PM »

51/52 is not a challenge at all well for me its not lol to start if your in a boat fish the channel closets to the dyck and fish small  lizards and craws and things like that undar all the over hanging trees and wood in the water

if they are activly feed you can then try to fish top water frogs on and throu all the lily pads

hope this is a bit helpful any more questions juat keep asking :)

Sam6140

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 02:34:19 AM »

Thanks again Noxscape.  I think I will give it a go in a few hrs (early morning).  I hope it doesn't rain.  I bought a bunch of lures and plastic worms and grubs.  Would those work good too?  Or do you have more success with top water fishing?

noxcape

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 09:12:43 AM »

still to early for top water fishing the stuff you bought will work just go out and experiment and just have fun and do get discouraged its a tought time of year to fish because of the weather