Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: any skagit fly fishing reports ?  (Read 3117 times)

cohojoe

any skagit fly fishing reports ?
« on: September 21, 2009, 11:37:35 AM »

Just wondering if anyone has fished the skagit down by Ross lake recently ?

HOOK

• Old Timer
Re: any skagit fly fishing reports ?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 04:07:44 PM »

there is always some fish to bed had in that little river. i doubt you will hear much reports though because this time of year the fish have been pricked several times and ar enow getting wary of biting things so dont expect big numbers. I know some guys that fish there alot and this time of year can have banner days or go home skunked, best way to find out is to just head out there. Even if you dont catch fish you cant beat the scenery on that river  ;D

dont forget to try fishing some flies down deep for the Bull trout as they will be getting thicker in there coming up from the lake getting prepared for the fall/winter spawn  ;)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

koko

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 07:51:06 PM »

It is a beauitful little river to fish, the best stream in southern B.C. enjoy it, or you turn to like me a meat fisherman and fish the vedder, I kind of like it, so I can get my meat to feed my family. After all I invest a lot of money on tackle so might as well to get something in return.

deepcovehooker

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 09:14:24 PM »

Five of us fished the Skagit last Tuesday.  We worked the area around the Rhododendron and Strawberry sites with little luck.   However, I just love the river, we had the river to ourselves all day and the five of us said it was still one of the best fishing days we ever had.  I just love the place.

cohojoe

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:01:30 AM »

How was the road ?   It turned really rutted after the rains on the sept. long weekend.   

deepcovehooker

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 10:33:52 AM »

The road was good on the uphill side of the road, however coming back down it was pouring and quite dark and there seemed to be more potholes on that side of the road.

cohojoe

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 02:06:26 PM »

Were you part of John B's group ?   I just spoke with him today about the Skagit.   I am thinking of going in next week .    Contact me through John.   He has my email and telephone number.    I usually go far into the skagit down at Ross lake with my pontoon boat. 

deepcovehooker

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 03:29:57 PM »

Yea I organized the trip.  I will talk to John re your email.  Thanks for the heads up. 
I just sold John my old pontoon boat and I am looking at upgrading to something more stable, let me know if you have any success up on the lake.