Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is The Flood Still Going To Happen  (Read 13765 times)

nosey

Re: Is The Flood Still Going To Happen
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 09:29:22 AM »

Well if this is it that's gotta be about as close to a flood as I really want to see.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 01:41:19 PM »

Posting these photos for Chris.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 01:55:24 PM »

Thanks Rodney the first is at the Old Orchard Boat launch area, the other a view of Bowman's Bar, under water. ;D ;D I believe there will be many changes of the bars after this high water event.
The next is of Ballam Road and the other is at the Vedder Canal with 12 to 14 feet from the present water edge to the top of the dyke. It makes one wonder how high it would have to get at the Mission Gauge to top the dyke here.

They sure have downgraded the Mission gauge from a forcast once again of 7.5. 7 then 6.5, and finally 6.3. I still believe it will have to go some to reach 6 this go around.

Maybe the gravel they say has built up in the Fraser is not once what they think it is. ;D ;D Of course that is another story.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2007, 11:21:11 PM »

Yes a couple of sites on the Fraser River in the Seabird Island area.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 08:00:35 AM »

Now the question will Mission make the magic 6.00 mark, presently it is at 5.96 early Sunday morning and that may be a tidal effect at the present.

One has to wonder the accuracy of those predicting these levels as we know they said it was going to be 7.5 last week. Even with the onset of cooler weather they still kept it at 7, then 6.5 and then the final height was 6.3 and as I said above it has not reached 6.

I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. I see South Fort George is dropping quickly now and as we near the middle of June I think we can say the threat of a major flood threat of 2007 here in the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland is now history, do you agree?

Maybe time to pick up all those sand bags around Five Corners here in Chilliwack but maybe we can leave them there and use the sand for a major snow storm during the Winter of 2008.

Remember the topic of weather is one of the  major topic of people around the water cooler and in this case I feel the media fueled that fire.

I am forgeting about the weather, the flood that was not to be and going fishing, I hope my Maple Leaf Drennan float disappears under the water, darn there is that water topic again. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2007, 09:16:07 AM »

Don't worry as I said PG dropping like a rock but it could go up again but it needs a lot of water to keep it at these high levels.

nosey

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2007, 12:35:33 PM »

Water is just starting to go down in Laidlaw, about 2 cm on the guage. It'll probably take a bit of a weather anomoly to bring it back up now. Going up to Hells Gate this afternoon for some pictures of the peak.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »

post these photos for Chris.

Pictures of "The Abbotsford Hole" and "The Frog" on the Thompson River.

flatlander

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2007, 07:08:52 PM »

The lower mainland looks safe this year.  We monitor the river levels at work 24x7.  Our emergency centre just stood down so unless we get a pineapple express with severe hot weather we outlook is excellent.  I live in the flood plain in Poco and am no longer worried.  Cheers!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2007, 11:30:51 PM »

I think we dodge a bullet this year. Who knows what the future holds.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2007, 07:17:58 PM »

I think we dodge a bullet this year. Who knows what the future holds.
The Leafs win the Cup. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2007, 10:13:54 PM »

And Chris will discover the fountain of youth. He's going to need it to see the Leafs win another Cup.