Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: North and South Alouette  (Read 5402 times)

troutslayer76

North and South Alouette
« on: March 15, 2008, 07:49:08 AM »

Hey guys, is the alouette a good place to catch some cutty's and if so, what would be a good fly pattern to use?

Thanx

Tight Lines
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities.  This is the coservationist's concern."RHB

rocky

Re: North and South Alouette
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 11:47:45 AM »

used to be good but i haven't caught any cutties personally, just kokanee and rainbows. oh,  i did get 1 dolly that was released. there are char there i've  heard also.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 01:30:04 PM »

I believe Troutslayer is wondering about the rivers, not the lake.

Never heard much of the north Alouette, but I'm sure down low close to the Pitt there are a few cutties hanging around.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 10:11:07 PM »

De Boville slough used to have the odd one show up. Haven't fished it in years though. Some good spots for fly casting though.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

clownfish

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 03:36:01 PM »

Troutslayer76, you should be able to catch cutties on almost any stretch of the Alouette system, some places may be better than others. There is an area upstream of Jerry Sulina Park to the 216th St. bridge that is private property (including the river bottom, you could float thru OK, but not anchor or stand without trespassing) and there is no fishing above 216th from May 1 to June 30 and no fishing at all above the signs near Alouette River Corrections Branch. They tend to move around a bit, so where you catch one, or more, one day there may not be any the next. The few I've caught have been on smaller spoons, and I haven't tried the N. Alouette yet, I would think that fry patterns would be a good bet for the next while.

Remember, single barbless hooks, ANY wild trout must be released unharmed, and ANY trout/char under 30cm (roughly 12in.) must be released as well, and you can only keep two hatchery fish from any stream/slough. DeBoville Slough is on the PoCo side of the Pitt River, and while I haven't seen any info on it, Hyde Creek which flows into it is marked as no fishing at all.

Tight lines, and looking forward to a post on how well you did.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:41:15 PM by clownfish »

troutslayer76

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »

Thanx for the replies everyone, I'll go and give it a shot.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities.  This is the coservationist's concern."RHB

l5h2

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 01:18:07 PM »

Are there any fish in the pond at Jerry Sulina Park i in Maple Ridge?  I saw a ton of fry by the shore.  Looks like the pond good hold some crappie and bass.  Thanks for the reply.

Robbie

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 09:38:05 PM »

Lots of Cuttie action a couple months or so ago, just walk the river and you'll see em.  I flyfish little minnow patterns with some good luck.