Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Carpooling for Sockeye?  (Read 1302 times)

Tangles

Carpooling for Sockeye?
« on: August 14, 2014, 03:23:15 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm totally new to the sockeye harvesting and would like to at least give it a try a couple of times and see how bad it is for myself :D
I've fished Fraser before but never upper than Mission. Considering the cost of gas and tolls, would be any of you guys up for some carpooling? I don't have too many fishing buddies and the few I know are not around for now so I thought it be good idea to hook up with someone willing to show me some spots and also chip in on some gas.
I live in Coquitlam, close to Lougheed Mall and I drive a Mazda5 but I guess we can use your car too if necessary.
My intent is to be at the destination as early as possible (first light set up on the bank), and leave as soon as we catch our fish or it gets too hot - not planning on spending entire days as I have two small kids to entertain for the rest of the day.
Preferably weekdays but would consider weekends too if no other options.
I'm thinking of giving it a crack tomorrow morning around Hope, but I'm free as well the entire week after.
Let me know what you think .
You can reply here or email: breakcure  AT gmail.com (I don't think I can see private messages here on this board)
Thank you 

mod note: removed your phone number as you probably don't want everyone around the Internet having your phone number
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 08:30:25 AM by DragonSpeed »