Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sasquatch park  (Read 1490 times)

Beast

sasquatch park
« on: March 13, 2008, 10:21:44 PM »

Was thinking about hitting some lakes this weekend and was looking for some advice on three lake in the Sasquatch park area.
1. Trout Lake
2. Hicks Lake
3. Deer Lake
Now i don't have a belly bout or a canoe all fishing will be done from shore with a fly and or a spin rod which would be the best to use and what would be the best fly or bait , lureto use ??? Thanks for all help and advice will post sunday with the outcome ;)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re: sasquatch park
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 08:15:16 AM »

I fished Deer (a little later in the year) a the far end.  There's a trail that will take you there (around to the left I believe).  Black Doc sprately was good that day.  small but feisty cutts.

David_R

Re: sasquatch park
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 05:31:15 PM »

I might see you out there then, but I'm still not decided on what lake to go to this weekend.

Hicks lake has some shore access as well, there are rocks that jut out into the lake that people usually fish off of.
I caught a nice little trout fishing off of the dock (off of my big toe) with just a bare hook baited with a worm

Also had good luck there with my wooly bugger style flies and had some hits on a rolled muddler. Anything that gets their attention I guess, with more luck towards the natural patterns. Though flycasting might be a little harder from shore on the lakes due to the close brush, I guess if you have waders you can get further out, theres a few spots though where you will be able to stand on shore and cast your fly rod.

Oh and don't forget the beaver pond as well, not too much access there but there's a few places you can plunk your line into.