Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deeks Lake  (Read 2142 times)

CW89

• Go Habs Go!
Deeks Lake
« on: October 08, 2014, 11:48:26 AM »

Has anyone been up there recently, a couple friends and I are looking to make the hike in, in a couple of weeks.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

jacklam999

Re: Deeks Lake
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 01:06:34 PM »

nothing much going on there, have some bass. but not productive before they get stock. And the water is dirty. I would recommand go to rice lake instead. You can hike there and they just stocked the fish last week. Also the air is fresher.

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 01:08:00 PM »

nothing much going on there, have some bass. but not productive before they get stock. And the water is dirty. I would recommand go to rice lake instead. You can hike there and they just stocked the fish last week. Also the air is fresher.

I don't think he means Deer Lake, he means DEEKS lake.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 03:20:08 PM »

Been up there a few times over the summer.  Crystal clear, freezing cold water and great views.

Plenty of skinny cutthroat.  If you have a 4x4 you can bypass the gate to the right and save 3.5 km of hiking.  If you don't it's about 7km of hiking from just above sea level to almost 1000 meters.

It get's cold fast up there as well as it's surrounded by peaks and doesn't get much sun during the fall/winter.