Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whistler area  (Read 14175 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Whistler area
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »

For freshwater fishing licences, you can purchase them online anytime at http://www.fishing.gov.bc.ca. I'm not familiar with Pemberton but there should also be available at Walmart in Squamish.

Alice Lake in Squamish is stocked with catchable rainbow trout and has small cutthroat trout and dolly varden (8" average). Shore access is fair, not great for flyfishing from shore, but a small craft is ideal for this lake.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/articles/region_two/alice_lake.html

Spiznack

• Dominion Lending Centres Alta Pacific Mortgages
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 04:57:59 PM »

lets get serious here guys...the store in question is brutal.....I am a longtime whistler resident as is my father...I sent him in for some advice (we are both avid anglers who have traveled the world in search of good fishing) and the dolt at the store told him that the best fishing in Whistler is at LOST LAKE...WTF?  Lost Lake?  You have a better chance of getting swimmers itch at Lost Lake than you do any good sized trout.  This type of misinformation is what gives BC anglers a bad name.  Bad advice, and bad prices....good product though!  The prices are understandably high as Whistler is an extremely expensive place for any small business.  In order to be successful the prices must be increased.  You can be sure that if they give you any advice as to where to fish you should go in the opposite way as they are pointing you in the exact wrong direction!
For Mortgage advice call Carlos @ 778-846-2567

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 05:26:04 PM »

I have been in Whistler a while as well (5 years) and Spiznak an answer like that makes you a complete dolt. Can't comment on who you spoke to in the store but the owner is not a dolt and if you think he is it kind of shows what you know, you may not like him but to say he knows nothing is laughable. I know the younger guy who works in there as well and he is a very good rod. It sounds like you may have had a bad customer experience there maybe but to say they don't know what they are talking about is completely innacurate.
always a student

Spiznack

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 08:05:26 PM »

I have been in Whistler a while as well (5 years) and Spiznak an answer like that makes you a complete dolt. Can't comment on who you spoke to in the store but the owner is not a dolt and if you think he is it kind of shows what you know, you may not like him but to say he knows nothing is laughable. I know the younger guy who works in there as well and he is a very good rod. It sounds like you may have had a bad customer experience there maybe but to say they don't know what they are talking about is completely innacurate.

Please point out to me where I said he knows nothing...I spoke of mis-information.  That is purposely telling an angler to fish in a terrible spot...I understand the reasons but sometimes it can be an affront to one's intelligence.  It would have been less insulting if the salesman had told him that he doesn't want to give up his best spots.  Honesty is usually the best policy.

Snapperhead

• Currie Artworks
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 10:49:32 PM »

Summer nights on Lost Lake tossing a #16 dry can be outstanding...some may even say "The best fishing in Whistler". Lots of smaller rainbows but still a quality experience.
To say he"s giving out misinformation? really.I'd say he was giving his updated opion on the local conditions.
Just because the fish aren't the biggest in the Valley doesn't mean he's BS'in you.

Avid angling, world traveling longtime father and son Whistler locals......cool  :)

Dave
23 Years in Whistler  ;D
Currie Artworks
Whistler B.C.

Spiznack

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 11:02:48 PM »

"something like a bull trout"?  Do you really know what you are catching?  Lost Lake is stoked primarily with rainbows.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 11:10:50 PM »

A couple of notes before I close this thread as I don't wish to use the discussion forum to generate negativity for any business.

Business owners do our best to please customers but that task sometimes simply cannot be accomplished no matter how hard we try, due to a variety of reasons such as differences in personalities, misunderstandings, disagreement, etc etc etc.

Stocked lakes also have native fish populations.