Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harrison river Pinks  (Read 3005 times)

bigsnag

• Old Timer
Harrison river Pinks
« on: September 05, 2015, 11:08:11 AM »

Has anyone fished Pinks on the Harrison river ? Just wondering if they show up at the same or near the same time of arrival as the Vedder Pinks.
It ain't the roe bro'

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Harrison river Pinks
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 12:04:31 PM »

Pinks in the Fraser stray into the mouth of the Harrison where they can be caught. While some fish do go up in Sept (I've seen carcasses) there is a big run sometimes very big in the last week of Sept or even as late as Thanksgiving which I think is the bulk of the run.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

UFC

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 07:57:44 AM »

usually they start arriving in big numbers in either the second or third week in September. Near the end of September is when numbers are highest but at least 1/2 of them will be colored up by then

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 07:58:22 PM »

Earliest I caught one was August 22 back in 2011.  I have caught them well into October while chasing chum, but they are quite done by then.
Not all those who wander are lost

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 07:55:48 AM »

the largest body or groups of pinks I ever saw were in the Harrison in early Oct - even Thanksgiving weekend. In shallow sections the fish were so thick the bottom was all but obscured. I've also intercepted such large numbers in the Fraser at Queens Island. These fish were not dark but bright.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

bigsnag

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 12:04:44 PM »

One day long ago I remember driving over the hwy 7 bridge, I think it was in October, and I saw  hundred of spawned out carcasses piled around the bridge support after high water. It wasn't a pretty sight and real smelly.  Just was wondering about the run timing coinciding with the Vedder's pinks.
It ain't the roe bro'