Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jets on the Vedder  (Read 23904 times)

Sandman

• Old Timer
Re: Jets on the Vedder
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2013, 06:16:15 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but it is clear to me who it was that ran their jet up through Trout bum's run.
Not all those who wander are lost

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2013, 06:46:25 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but it is clear to me who it was that ran their jet up through Trout bum's run.

Who ???
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2013, 08:44:38 PM »

I think those that run their boats up the Chilliwack system do so because their other plan fell through. Such as they were fishing for sturgeon and it was slow and they had some gear rods on board the boat. I only run mine in there in June and that's for the shyte and giggle factor. I've often thought about going for the limit hole area but have never really followed through with it lol.
Are you for real? Alot nicer rivers to run,with alot less shore anglers around. The Vedd is not one of them.Lol

GENERAL-SHERMAN

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2013, 11:03:36 PM »

don't really see a problem with it in freshet conditions....I have been in boats up to wilson rd (upper) and know people who have gone past thompson park and made it almost right to tamahi bridge!

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2013, 11:48:42 PM »

Are you for real? Alot nicer rivers to run,with alot less shore anglers around. The Vedd is not one of them.Lol

So if you were fishing for sturgeon in the Fraser near the Chilliwack system and decided to go for steelhead which river would you go to Dennis? Oh there are none... Or what if you wanted a river to run for a bit of a thrill maybe some back channels on the Fraser, not allowed to do that on the Harrison, so that leaves?...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:50:44 PM by Johnny Canuck »
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2013, 12:27:55 PM »

To steer a jet you need to be under power and the more propulsion used the more steering ability you have. What I wonder is why all the people on shore just stand there nipples deep in the water while they listen to a jet come up river for 45-60 seconds as they're not that quiet. Ahhh yes that's right no common sense, normal people need to protect the ones that would normally die off in evolution and those genes then would be gone from the gene pool. However the way sociaty is these days even the dimmest buld on the tree or the dullest knife in the drawer gets held onto like a hoarder. I dunno but if I was standing in an open field and there was a Boeing 777 making an emergency landing I would move not just stand there and say "Well aviation laws state..."

yes your comparison of an endangered jet liner carrying perhaps more than 100 people to a leadhead piloting a jet boat is an intellectual tour de force. I am impressed!  ::)
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2013, 07:03:56 PM »

I heard the Vedder is heavily fished? Is this true as well?
always a student

fishyfish

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2013, 07:32:24 PM »

Why are you not allowed on the Harrison?

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2013, 08:09:17 PM »

don't really see a problem with it in freshet conditions....I have been in boats up to wilson rd (upper) and know people who have gone past thompson park and made it almost right to tamahi bridge!

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Not all those who wander are lost

colin6101

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2013, 08:37:39 PM »

You can most definitely take your jet on the Harrison but some of the small channels and bays have signs saying no motors if I remember correctly (it has been a long time since I have taken a boat on this river).

GENERAL-SHERMAN

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2013, 09:48:52 AM »

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
.... ??? lol

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2013, 10:32:48 AM »

.... ??? lol

Sandman, as you can see, the uneducated ones will never get it.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2013, 03:50:03 PM »

Jet boats on the Vedder....seen them. Have some trouble understanding why.  The next thing you know the Vedder will turn into one of those rivers where the shore anglers will think about low-holing other fisherman! 

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2013, 06:18:46 PM »

Jet boats on the Vedder....seen them. Have some trouble understanding why.  The next thing you know the Vedder will turn into one of those rivers where the shore anglers will think about low-holing other fisherman! 

Nooooooooooooooooooo.....
always a student

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2013, 01:04:36 PM »

jet boats on a small fishing river?

just because you can do something legally does not remove that fact that it's obnoxious.