Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This Is Awful  (Read 4825 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
This Is Awful
« on: August 28, 2018, 05:56:21 PM »

avid angler

Re: This Is Awful
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 10:15:09 PM »

I find it comical how everyone is judge and jury condemning these two guys off of one testimonial and a poor picture of a guy peeing off the back of the boat. I'm not saying this didn't happen but there is two sides to every story and there isn't much evidence here. The comments mentioned in the original post also unintentionally indicate that the original poster may have an agenda for making the sports fishing community look bad

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 10:50:18 PM »

Filing a false police report is an offence. I find it hard to believe that that woman is going to stick her neck out just to... what? Maybe influence a few peoples' opinions of rec anglers in some insignificant way?  ::)

John Revolver

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 12:16:18 AM »

In a world where everybody has a high definition  video recording device in the palm of their hands at all times you would think , and I would like to see , some actual video evidence. 

BBarley

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 12:39:15 AM »

I'll bite.

What's the recourse here? Shut down the Fraser during every Aboriginal Economic opening to avoid confrontation? Ban boating on the Fraser? Designate more RCMP officers from some designated detachment to fishery related incidents?

It's a shame this happened if it happened as said, but it isn't a reflection of what this fishery is, meat harvest or not. It's a reflection of what happens when you unleash countless people in a place that usually remains relatively docile. Bad apples and such.....

avid angler

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 01:12:27 AM »

They were sturgeon fisherman not sockeye fisherman FYI

Chehalis_Steel

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 02:22:59 AM »

Filing a false police report is an offence. I find it hard to believe that that woman is going to stick her neck out just to... what? Maybe influence a few peoples' opinions of rec anglers in some insignificant way?  ::)

It might seem insignificant now, but these are the kinds of events that minority groups can use to influence public opinion. It's just another brick in the wall. If they can't show that it actually happened, then it is meaningless. Obviously it's difficult to say at this point, but the fact that they went to all the trouble of filing a report could mean that they do have proof.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 07:01:25 AM »

I find it comical how everyone is judge and jury condemning these two guys off of one testimonial and a poor picture of a guy peeing off the back of the boat. I'm not saying this didn't happen but there is two sides to every story and there isn't much evidence here. The comments mentioned in the original post also unintentionally indicate that the original poster may have an agenda for making the sports fishing community look bad

more than one witness, several in fact along with video evidence. When almost everyone carries a smartphone they also pack a usable video recorder.

What's the recourse here? Shut down the Fraser during every Aboriginal Economic opening to avoid confrontation?

it's been done on the Skeena!

Alcohol seems to factor and these guys may not have been such jerks without a few beers each. Still there has been a long history of such confrontations and it is a very ugly aspect of the fishery in the Valley and in other parts of the Province. No need to make sport anglers look bad - many anglers do a more than adequate job spreading their endemic racism and stupidity.

Just having a chat with an RCMP constable may wise them up.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Fatso

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 07:03:10 PM »

there isn't much evidence here.

..... hahahaha, no there isnt..... lol

There is bad behaviour everywhere.  Its not nice.

But i am sure most people here do not behave in that manner. 

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 01:33:58 PM »

There is a lot of critical evidence which is in the hands of the authorities and it is not being made public for two reasons: 1) It is being withheld in the interest of the investigation, and 2) It is too tasteless and offensive to show to the public.

Those guys have it coming to them. White trash will soon be getting a reality check and learn why it is not cool to expose themselves to children.
It's all I'm going to say.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 03:07:03 PM »

I thought drinking in public is an offence. Is it different on our waterways ?

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 02:19:56 PM »

Call the behavior "alleged" if you wish to do so but...the report of this type of behavior is why there are laws which prohibit me from having even one ice cold beer in what is defined as a public place.
-get over it with the trying to peg which group may be offended the most or gain the most from exploiting the situation.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 11:52:18 AM »

Gross. Right & wrong is blurry to define for some. Morality has a dif. definition for the masses.
The best punishment is people have to live with themselves & look in the mirror daily.
A few years ago 3 guys tied their boat to the dock at the launch & proceeded to use the most foul language & they pulled out their privates & started to urinate into the water in full view of families !!!
They sounded like they had drank lots of alcohol.
Thank God 99% of boaters are friendly but it 's those few rotten apples in the barrel.
Sure happy they are not my neighbours.
Not good what happened in this newspaper article.
Mind you some years ago was trolling on the Fraser near Steveston & heard a bullet whistle by...natives were gill netting nearby. Guess one native did not like white man fishing too close to his boat.
I went down river after that. Fishing / humans / brews the worst behaviour in some.

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 07:33:44 PM »

There is a lot of critical evidence which is in the hands of the authorities and it is not being made public for two reasons: 1) It is being withheld in the interest of the investigation, and 2) It is too tasteless and offensive to show to the public.

Those guys have it coming to them. White trash will soon be getting a reality check and learn why it is not cool to expose themselves to children.
It's all I'm going to say.

Thanks milo, hope these scum bags get what they deserve.  Please let us know if and when.