Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skeena watershed  (Read 1974 times)

ShaunO

Skeena watershed
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:49:24 AM »

As luck would have it, I've got several projects this year in the Terrace area and will be packing my gear along to capitalize on any downtime I have.  Being a lowly mainlander, I don't know their rivers cycle and could use some insight before I head up.  I hear that the chinooks are in the system now, so that tells me it should be similar to the Fraser watershed, but I could be wrong.  Anyone who's fished this system care to help a guy out? 

Fisherama

Re: Skeena watershed
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:47:46 PM »

Check out Noel Gygers website and it should give you a good overview of the area.  Working up here right now myself, might hit up the Copper tomorrow evening  8)  ;D

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 08:58:34 PM »

tell us how you do.

ShaunO

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 09:12:35 PM »

Thanks Fisherama!

I was already following Noel's fishing reports and that's where I have picked up certain details.  I'm hoping I might be up in August and September so really looking forward to a chance to swing flies for steelhead too!

Fisherama

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »

No luck for me yesterday though it's still a bit early.  Saw a couple of risers in the Kitimat but couldn't get them to play.  If you're planning to be up here in August and September, that will be prime time for Steelhead and Coho.  Skeena system should be pretty good for Chinook by mid-July.

banx

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 12:25:10 PM »

I got skunked on the kitimat on Thursday... Saw a guy play and land a smaller spring on the Spey while drifting down..... Only a couple risers. Should be more fish around at this time of year