Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hope Fishing Suggestions  (Read 2087 times)

ride604

Hope Fishing Suggestions
« on: July 19, 2014, 06:37:24 PM »

Heading to Hope Tuesday for the day and have no idea where to fish.  Not looking for secret spots or anything, just wondering which water masses are worthwhile.  Anything in that part of the Fraser right now or is lake fishing best?  Harrison lake any good?  Have a 10 foot inflatable with 9.9 hp motor, an old fish finder, a trolling rod, a mooching rod, and a few spinning rods, but no downriggers.  Good with either boat fishing or shore fishing.

Archer

Re: Hope Fishing Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 07:24:15 PM »

Croft Bar.  Bottom bouncing for Springs off the bar. PM me if you want directions and where to park, as that is important too... 8)

Was out there today and it was good.  I landed a sockeye, very nice socks, but release only at this point.  Several guys caught springs under 77cm which is the max limit to keep it.  You need a good rod, 10' preferable with heavy line between 30-50lb and MINIMUM 20lb leader as the current is strong.  A 6-12' leader with a #4 hook or so and a little yarn or small corkie...its called flossing.

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 07:32:40 PM »

How about jones lake?

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 11:25:43 PM »

Or Kakawa Lake . The Kokanee will gladly bite your offering . Just drop down a pro cured krill or natural color and get ready for that little nibble .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 12:50:41 AM »

The OP asked about fishing suggestions, not flossing suggestions.

Kawkawa Lake in Hope can be a good option as armytruck suggested. The kokanee fishing should be good for a couple more weeks. Bait fishing from an anchored boat at 40ft is where they can be caught. Fish are generally 14 inches long and the odd ones can be 16 inches long. Best to fish it from really early in the morning until Noon before the ski boats take over the lake.

ride604

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 03:28:48 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions all!  Ended up going to Kawkawa in the afternoon and bottom fishing krill at 40 feet in rockslide bay but no luck despite marking many fish on the finder.  Another two fisherman who had been there for about six hours only had one on but lost it, so a bit of an off day I suppose, but a great little lake nonetheless.