Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sea Hawk II ????  (Read 18484 times)

FishOn36

Re: Sea Hawk II ????
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 12:52:42 AM »

Here's one;

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/boa/1719560723.html

These style are a WAY better option, like the Aquamarine stuff.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/boa/1718643503.html

Those aren't seahawks!!!  :P the Fish Hunter boats look well made, in comparison to the intex stuff. I seen a nice one at the Army & Navy store in new west for around 4-$500.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:07:19 PM by FishOn36 »

FishOn36

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 01:15:14 PM »

What a disappointing day I had on the water yesterday!! It was my first time taking my Seahawk II out on the water, all was going well till about mid day when I noticed the floor of the boat seemed to be losing air, but after further inspection it appears that one of the seams in the floor split apart and now there's a big bulge on one side as you can see in this picture I took below. Looks like I'll be trying to get a refund or a new one. I'm thinking of possibly getting the Intex Mariner instead seeing is how the floor use a hard plastic/vinyl insert instead of a inflatable floor, however it does have a inflatable "keel", I don't know if that would ever have the same or similar problem happen. I paid 380 total for the seahawk II, and apparently the Mariner is like double the price so I might have to look into something else instead.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:17:30 PM by FishOn36 »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 03:38:51 PM »

I know lots of guys who are very happy with their Aquamarines.

http://www.aquamarineboat.com/index.php?mode=kat&id=3

I believe they are in Richmond.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 10:49:35 AM »

Like I said, you are WAY BETTER OFF with one of these style of inflatables;

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/boa/1731570037.html

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/boa/1737308547.html

or the Aquamarine stuff if you want to buy new.

Seahawks and Intex are garbage.

FishOn36

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 12:00:19 PM »

Like I said, you are WAY BETTER OFF with one of these style of inflatables;

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/boa/1731570037.html

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/boa/1737308547.html

or the Aquamarine stuff if you want to buy new.

Seahawks and Intex are garbage.

I understand what you're saying, the only problem with those boats is they're not as compact to fit in a average car trunk. Being that Gorilla Surplus doesn't give cash refunds I'm pretty screwed now, I can either exchange it for another Seahawk II or go ahead and get the Mariner for a bit more money.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 12:23:50 PM »

Regarding the size;

Here is mine.

Fits in the passenger seat of my Mazda MX5. 

My electric, battery, rods, reels and tackle fits in the trunk.

Bought for $300 locally, and built like a tank comparatively.

FishOn36

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 12:25:35 PM »

Hmm, nice.. How many people can it hold comfortably?

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 12:29:08 PM »

Fits two, MAX.  Its usually just myself as I have another boat more fitting for additional people.

But mine is the smallest sized inflatable available @ 7 1/2 feet.

I would have loved to have found one that was a foot longer, but this one does well for me.  And the price was right.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:32:13 PM by Damien »

FishOn36

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 12:36:49 PM »

Fits two, MAX.  Its usually just myself as I have another boat more fitting for additional people.

I would have loved to have found one that was a foot longer, but this one does well for me.  And the price was right.

For that price you can't really go wrong, I paid 380 with tax for this stupid Seahawk junk...what a joke!

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 12:39:47 PM »

Sorry to hear of your experience.

I would DEMAND that gorilla refunds the money.  Considering it was the first use of the boat.

Policy/Schmolicy - they should do the right thing.

FishOn36

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 12:48:24 PM »

Sorry to hear of your experience.

I would DEMAND that gorilla refunds the money.  Considering it was the first use of the boat.

Policy/Schmolicy - they should do the right thing.

I might call them back in a bit and let em have it, apparently for me to exchange this thing the manager has to take a look at it and they want me to go all that way to Vancouver (east Broadway) from surrey just to drop it off and the manager will get back to me the next day. Why go TWICE to hopefully get a replacement if the manager approves? This is total BS!!

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 12:52:22 PM »

I can see that they want examine the boat.  Given that it is an inflatable and very prone to "user error" creating the problem.

If/When they take a close look at the boat, they should stand by their product, and deal with the distributer/Manufacturer to rectify things on their end.  Meanwhile offering you a refund.

You should send them a link to this forum and show them how many people are reading this.

FishOn36

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 12:56:42 PM »

If/When they take a close look at the boat, they should stand by their product, and deal with the distributer/Manufacturer to rectify things on their end.  Meanwhile offering you a refund.

My thoughts exactly, I told em exactly what happened and that I didn't overload/over inflate or neglect the boat my any means. I don't know what kind of operation they're running seeing as how the manager isn't in the store. If anything they should send it back to Intex or something, cause it's clearly defective.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:08:30 PM by FishOn36 »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 03:52:33 PM »

My thoughts exactly, I told em exactly what happened and that I didn't overload/over inflate or neglect the boat my any means. I don't know what kind of operation they're running seeing as how the manager isn't in the store. If anything they should send it back to Intex or something, cause it's clearly defective.

I suggest contacting Intex directly. I've had good success stepping over bodies and going directly to manufacturers when I got BS. Amazing how fast things can get done if you voice your concerns in an "I won't take no for an answer" way. I recently purchased a 3000 dollar machine for my business- it broke through no fault of my own, the distributor claimed he had to charge me for the repair and he would credit me in 30 days if it was approved. I paid it, got on the phone to the Arizona based company and let loose about a seriously flawed policy. The funny thing was I was about to buy another machine worth many thousands more - they lost that. Any how,refund the next day ;D ;D ;D

Intex Recreation Corp.
Consumer Service
Hours of Operation
8:30am-5:00pm PST
1-800-234-6839
Online Store: www.intexstore.com
Questions?
See our FAQs
Or E-mail us: www.email.intexstore.com
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:54:32 PM by Novabonker »
http://

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »

Did you buy that inflatable new? or find it on Craigslist? Is it a hypalon material or heavy pvc?