Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spin n Glow's  (Read 1871 times)

Polaris

Spin n Glow's
« on: October 11, 2012, 09:57:42 PM »

1.  In which situations would SpinGlows be more effective in cast and retrieve as compared to a bar rig method?

2.  Can small SpinGlows be effective for wild trout (I know bigger ones work for steelhead)?

3.  Do diff species of salmon (and trout?) have specific color preferences (I know pinks like pink...)?  If dictated by light or water

clarity please elaborate which works when.

4.  Are SpinGlows which have "fluorescent" in their name productive for night fishing?  Do they actually fluoresce with reasonable

brightness if shined on by a flashlight and if so do they stay bright for hours or minutes?

5. When do you feel there is nothing to be gained by combining SpinGlows with yarn and scent or bait?

Electroman

Re: Spin n Glow's
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:19:55 PM »

There are ways to find answers to lots of fishing questions. The easiest way is through google or any other search engine. YouTube works well too. I use both of these quite often to look for any ideas or questions I come up with. my favorite way is to get out and get some line wet. That's the best way to find out what works.
It's overwhelming when you look at a thread and there is a list of questions in one post.

Fillibert

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 10:51:12 PM »

and seriously dude all of your posts lately are the table of contents for whole books out there. Winter is coming and when fishing slows down and it'll be boring I suggest checking some of them out. And youtube is a gold mine

Polaris

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 11:12:54 PM »

Guys, what's the purpose of a forum if not to learn new things - just socializing?  Do you seriously think I don't know about Youtube or tried to do a search with a search engine?  I ask questions here because I would like to believe that this source of information is more reliable since people who come here fish a lot.  If you do not feel like answering one or any of the questions - by all means - don't.  I ask several related questions at once to save time for all involved.  Criticizing a student for wanting to learn here is a waste of your time and his.  Let those who do want to pass on their knowledge do so in peace.

ByteMe

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 08:48:42 AM »

There is no generalization on what works for a certain flow Polaris.Guys have spent years finding out what works and what dosen't on different rivers and conditions,not many are willing to diverge their secrets,the appeal of fishing is the discovery and the hunt,but don't take Youtube as the gospel either,use it as a guide
There is more Bull S**T in fly fishing than in a Texas cattle yard
                                         Lefty Kreh