Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lily lake  (Read 6689 times)

island boy

lily lake
« on: May 09, 2012, 09:01:50 PM »

needing some help trying to get directions to lily lake. it's the one thats south of merritt. tried google earth and you can't really tell whats a road and whats not. some of the maps i've looked at are vage. anyone been there or knows how to get there some hints on how to get there would be great. thanks.
you kill it, you clean it.

Sandman

• Old Timer
Re: lily lake
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:53:48 PM »

needing some help trying to get directions to lily lake. it's the one thats south of merritt. tried google earth and you can't really tell whats a road and whats not. some of the maps i've looked at are vage. anyone been there or knows how to get there some hints on how to get there would be great. thanks.

I found this easily enough from a google search:

How to Get to Lilly Lake: From downtown Merritt, BC to Lilly Lake is about 18 - 20 kilometres. First follow Houston Road out of Merritt. Turn right at log sort. Continue on paved road to "T" in road and take a left. Continue down dirt road for 12 kilometres, crossing cattle guards, following the signs to Middle Valley Ranch. Continue straight pass the entrance to ranch to the lake. This section of the gravel road is very rough.
Not all those who wander are lost

fishnjim

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 06:38:45 AM »

either past the music fest grounds as mentioned, or can get there from patchet road accessed off of coldwater road.

island boy

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 04:58:38 PM »

i was looking to go the coldwater route. are there signs along the road like most of the other lakes in that area?

twocoaster

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 09:10:40 PM »

vage maps... gynecological textbooks? sorry, couldn't resist.  ;)good luck finding your way to lily lake, and good fishing

fishnjim

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 10:11:54 PM »

no real signs that say lilly lake that way, but watch for painted rocks and trees with arrows from others in the past that had trouble finding it.  easier to find going in behind the musicfest, but rougher.  ice might just be coming off now.  good luck.  i just may head up there soon and see how many loons are there to harass the trout and crayfish.

island boy

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »

thanks guys.