Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boats  (Read 7812 times)

Butch1949

Re: Boats
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM »

Fisherman254, last year my wife and I went to Kilby's launch once with the boat and the wind was so strong and the waves so big, we said no., second time the water was so still we walked right out to the mouth at the fraser and it seemed so tranquil, have you been down to as far as Harrison Lake from Kilby's?, are there many or good bars, like around ??? ??? the Chehalis mouth or slanted rock location?
"I don't catch fish"

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 11:18:36 PM »

Fisherman254, last year my wife and I went to Kilby's launch once with the boat and the wind was so strong and the waves so big, we said no., second time the water was so still we walked right out to the mouth at the fraser and it seemed so tranquil, have you been down to as far as Harrison Lake from Kilby's?, are there many or good bars, like around ??? ??? the Chehalis mouth or slanted rock location?

Do you mean the Morris Creek mouth?
Not all those who wander are lost

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 01:04:16 PM »

Thx Fishing in Vancouver will give Gill Road a try, did go out there for a look last year and seemed spacious and the price for launch was right-lol, did watch boats head east as you note but also saw some head west from Gill :o
Went out  to Gill last Friday , lots of room to launch . There was no one there as the water was a running fast by there . I sat around a while . Seen a few fish rolling around . Not sure if they were Sockeye or Pinks ? who knows they maybe were Springs .  A couple Americans pulled in from up at spaghetti bar in there "16 aluminum with a 50 merc " they said it was slow going . They had to pull anchor as the natives kept drifting down . Go Fish
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."