Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you attend an informal bragging rights derby for Chinook Salmon on a given weekend?

Yes, Saturday April 8, Kits Launch
- 1 (11.1%)
Yes, Sat. April 15, Kits Launch
- 2 (22.2%)
Yes, Sat. April 22, Kits Launch
- 1 (11.1%)
Yes, Sat. April 29, Kits Launch
- 3 (33.3%)
No, I'm not available.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: April 05, 2006, 11:11:03 AM

Author Topic: Saltwater Fishing for Salmon Around Vancouver.  (Read 2677 times)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Saltwater Fishing for Salmon Around Vancouver.
« on: March 26, 2006, 10:11:03 AM »

Hi Guys. Was thinking on holding an impromptu bragging rights fishing derby on a weekend in April. Starting Point would be Kitsilano's Vanier Park launch at the Planetarium, all anglers required to meet DFO regulations.Fishing would be by BOAT only. Bring your own boat or ride on a friends boat. Starting point would be the Kits Launch, end time for the derby would be 6 pm.

Entry Fee: NO entry fee, registration by the start of the derby.

Entries limited to Chinook Salmon Only caught during the derby.

1st Prize: yet to be announced.
2nd Prize: $100
3rd Prize: $50.

Everybody else? Gets to scrub the top 3 contestants boats.  :D

Questions?

Send me an email.  ;)

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Saltwater Fishing for Salmon Around Vancouver.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 11:11:16 AM »

I would love it if anyone would be kind enough to let me catch a ride, as we alll know that I am a poor soul that doesn't have a boat!!! :-[  But I can bring food and drink and I have reeled in a fish or two in my day!!! ;) :D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 07:27:32 PM »

Well Guys. The votin' here isn't going so well as that comes from the lack of salties on this board..but if you're interested...Get votin!

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 10:22:57 PM »

Have a boat and am definitely interested but committing is difficult as i am in the middle of busy season for my work I'm flying out to Castlegar for ten days to work at Celgar Pulp   i leave  tomorrow when i get back i will have a better picture of what the Boiler gods will have in store after that there is a job starting at Chevron refinery in Burnaby so if i can get on this job i should be able to commit if were not working 7 days a week. I may also end up back at Burrard generating station in Port Moody keeping my fingers crossed as my Hockey playoffs start in two weeks If I'm in town I'm in for any weekend you all decide. I have room for one or two others maybe it will work out.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 10:24:35 PM by legend »

druid

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 07:11:23 AM »

Well, although I haven't caught a salmon in 20 years, I just put a second downrigger on Far Cove and am interested in doing some bottom-bouncing for sure. Trouble is, I'm gonna be busy pretty much all of April. I might be able to attend, but I can't commit. If I do, I have room and gear for 2-3 more (hopefully people with better luck/talent than I have!) And I'll have to "hover" off the launch area - Far Cove takes 6ft of water and weighs 15,000 lb...

druid
"Apathy meeting this Friday. If you want to come, you're not invited"

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 10:48:07 AM »

Well I would love to attend but unfortunately I am in the same boat as Big Steel .... so to speak hahaha
I don't have a boat but would be more than happy to help with gas money and beverages!!!! 

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!