Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changes in Leaf Land  (Read 10931 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Changes in Leaf Land
« on: February 05, 2009, 12:38:55 AM »

Following yesterday's debacle in Buffalo, General Manager (aka "The Saviour") Brian Burke announced that they have signed Chris Gadsen to provide the much required experience and leadership to the core of young rookies on the team. Terms of the contract was not announced, however the hockey panel at Sportsnet have learned that the Maple Leafs have agreed to provide Chris a daily bottle of Geritol.

In another development Burke is attempting to lure Ron Ellis, Norm Ullman and Floyd Smith out of retirement to bolster the Leaf's lineup as they attempt to make a run at the final playoff spot.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Re: Changes in Leaf Land
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 05:47:03 PM »

Wasn't Tiger Williams on that list, too?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 06:55:55 PM »

Yes he is along with Johnny Bower ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »

The threat of me lacing them up again was enough to get the boys playing their best hockey of the season tonight in rolling over the Habs, thanks FA. ;D ;D ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 08:59:39 PM »

The threat of me lacing them up again was enough to get the boys playing their best hockey of the season tonight in rolling over the Habs, thanks FA. ;D ;D ;D

Well the Canucks are one upping your Leafs tonight. With your good buddy Sundin doing what he was paid to do.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 09:29:46 PM »

Unfortunately they are still 4 games under .500 and in 11th spot.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 07:40:15 AM »

Well the Canucks are one upping your Leafs tonight. With your good buddy Sundin doing what he was paid to do.

hehehe....on the other forum you were bi*chin' about Sundin's paycheque...which is it BB????

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 09:36:10 AM »

hehehe....on the other forum you were bi*chin' about Sundin's paycheque...which is it BB????

mojo

Both. Its one game just like I said on the other forum. So one game does not equal his pay for what he has done up to this point.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 10:00:25 AM »

just can't give a guy credit when its due huh???....look at his face-off wins since he joined...I realize that points are part of the game...but puck possesion is how a team gets points...watch when he goes into the corners...tuff to take the puck away...I guess you just can't get past his history with the Buds...oh well...Denver still sucks...;)))

mojo ;D

mojo

Both. Its one game just like I said on the other forum. So one game does not equal his pay for what he has done up to this point.
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 12:53:11 PM »

He gave the puck away 3 or 4 times in his own end last night. He is a -5 as well. He has taken penalties at the worst possible times. How is that helping the team? Even if he is still not up to speed their is no excuse for the giveaways and the bad penalties. I dont care what team he played with before playing for the Canucks. If a team invests that kind of money in any player you expect a better return on your investment.

Bobo thinks Jason Blake would look good in a Canucks uniform right about now ;)

Belong to the "4 F Club"

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 04:34:25 PM »

He gave the puck away 3 or 4 times in his own end last night. He is a -5 as well. He has taken penalties at the worst possible times. How is that helping the team? Even if he is still not up to speed their is no excuse for the giveaways and the bad penalties. I dont care what team he played with before playing for the Canucks. If a team invests that kind of money in any player you expect a better return on your investment.

BB...he is winning the face-offs...puck possession buds....we'll see what ya say in a few more weeks....then u kin eat crow....or carp????

mojo

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 05:51:48 PM »

BB...he is winning the face-offs...puck possession buds....we'll see what ya say in a few more weeks....then u kin eat crow....or carp????

mojo

I wont be eating crow or carp. He signed on for half the season at $5 million. If he plays 20 games at full speed and does what he is supposed to thats not what we signed him to do. We signed him to a half season and he should be ready for it right away. If he wasnt he should have gotten more prepared and signed for a 1/3 of the season at $3.3 million. Do you get what I am saying?

Oh and he is not winning puck possession as when he gets the puck he gives it away.

Their is 30 games remaining. In order for him to prove he is worth that kind of money he should get atleast 40-45 points in those games ( than he would finish with 48-53 points in 41 games ), be atleast a +10 the rest of the way. Go look around the league at players making $10 million a year. Oh wait only one player in the whole league is making $10 million. Guess he should be the best player in the league the rest of the way in order to make that money worth it right?

Belong to the "4 F Club"

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 08:01:28 PM »

mojo

I wont be eating crow or carp. He signed on for half the season at $5 million. If he plays 20 games at full speed and does what he is supposed to thats not what we signed him to do. We signed him to a half season and he should be ready for it right away. If he wasnt he should have gotten more prepared and signed for a 1/3 of the season at $3.3 million. Do you get what I am saying?

Oh and he is not winning puck possession as when he gets the puck he gives it away.

Their is 30 games remaining. In order for him to prove he is worth that kind of money he should get atleast 40-45 points in those games ( than he would finish with 48-53 points in 41 games ), be atleast a +10 the rest of the way. Go look around the league at players making $10 million a year. Oh wait only one player in the whole league is making $10 million. Guess he should be the best player in the league the rest of the way in order to make that money worth it right?

you'll be eating carp... ;D

mojo

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 09:32:04 PM »

You are right as usual mojoman and as I said 8 days ago. ;D

However I am sure he would not have come back if he felt he could not contribute. I feel he will come along and many will be taking back what they have said about him the last while.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 07:07:08 PM »

Leafs sure dont know how to hold a lead. They were up 4-1 and lost 5-4 to the Panthers....

Belong to the "4 F Club"