Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liard Hot Spring  (Read 5246 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Liard Hot Spring
« on: November 15, 2005, 01:57:12 AM »

Has anyone been to Liard Hot Spring before? Which month would be the best time to visit? Thank you

nigglesworth

Re: Liard Hot Spring
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 09:25:09 AM »

I have, and it is AMAZING!!!  One of the best hot springs I have been to, and I have dabbled in many.  As for season, I don't think it really matters.  It just depends on how cold you are willing to camp in.  It is easy access, so that is not really an issue and I have seen photos of it in the middle of the winter and it looked great.  The idea of soaking in hot liquid surrounded by snow covered trees and giant icicles sounds good to me.

let me know if you have any other questions...

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 11:50:57 AM »

Is there changing room on site?

nigglesworth

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 07:41:35 PM »

Yes there is a change room there and it is right off of a campsite.  It is way up north, just shy of the Yukon boarder along the alaska highway.  If you goole Liard Hot Springs you will find more than enough info and many pictures to tempt you.  I said it before, but I will say it again....   it is magic!  I would love to see it in winter as the photo's I have seen look amazing.  It was one of the last places we stopped after a month wandering through the Yukon.  We spent two weeks on the Yukon and Teslin rivers and the rest wandering Kluane, whitehourse, dawson and so on....  It was a great place to sit and reflect on the trip we had just coppleted...

GO NOW!