Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sea Hawk II ????  (Read 18474 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Re: Sea Hawk II ????
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 08:26:54 AM »

do you trust those inflatables? those who own them of course. Would you trust them on a lake the size of aloutte? or more for something like Whonnock?

They have 3 chambers- 2 for the hull and one for the floor. I do make sure I have a life jacket, but I've been in some blow ups at Tunkwa at the opposite side of the lake and lived to tell about it. ;D
http://

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »

These are vinyl boats and are extremely easy to puncture.
They have multiple chambers so you're not likely to drown if you do puncture one of the sections. The inflatable floor means you may not even lose any gear if you have a disinflation event.
I fished out of a 2 man boat for years and wasn't worried, including on large lakes like Alouette. You have to be careful of stumps and you generally get wet launching and beaching the boat so as not to hit the rocks.

That being said I now fish out of a hypalon inflatable that is virtually indestrucble and would never go back.
where is a good place to shop for those hypalon inflatables?

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 03:06:45 PM »

I have an old Seahawk 5 that I haven't used for several years if you want it.
Not sure if it is still sea-worthy but I'll take a look.

I made my own electric motor mount for it - it flew with a 10lb electric because it has no draft.
Have since upgraded to a car-topper but it served me well for a year or two.

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 03:09:39 PM »

Thought I had an old ad for it on one of the other sites (with pic):

http://fishbcforum.com/index.php?showtopic=33169&st=0&p=371914&hl=seahawk&fromsearch=1&#entry371914

FishOn36

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 03:31:12 PM »

Thought I had an old ad for it on one of the other sites (with pic):

http://fishbcforum.com/index.php?showtopic=33169&st=0&p=371914&hl=seahawk&fromsearch=1&#entry371914

Still got it? if not where'd you buy it?

skunked

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 06:08:36 PM »

Still got it? if not where'd you buy it?

says in the add canadian tire for 189

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 07:58:40 PM »

where is a good place to shop for those hypalon inflatables?
I bought my Achilles from here:
http://www.rivermarine.com/

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 10:41:45 PM »

I bought my Achilles from here:
http://www.rivermarine.com/
roughly how much did it cost? and did you buy one of their small boats that fold up into a carry bag or a larger model?

FishOn36

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 02:44:21 AM »

Is it the 400 "set" that comes with the paddles and pump? I may be interested if your local.

i have a intex seahawk 400 i wanna sell . me and my friend got one each last summer.  nice boats . thought about getting a seahawk 2 but its a heavy boat to carry esp when you have to do a walk it to the lake . like this model cause its light 38 lbs , sits low in the water which means you dont get blown around like crazy without an anchor and two 6 foot people can sit on each end and lay back without touching feet feelss good to do that when you have been fishing for 3/4 hrs.

Product Features
Brand New 2009 Model - Motor Mount Compatible
approx. 138" L x 57" W x 19" H, 4 person with  880 lbs capacity  Durable & Comfort
Rugged SUPER-TOUGHTM 30 ga. vinyl construction, 3 air chambers including an auxiliary air chamber in hull for extra buoyancy
2x fishing rod holders, 2x inflatable seat cushions, 2x Welded-on oar locks, 1x gear pouch
US coast guard approved
100 BUCKS this one was use 3 times

FishOn36

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 10:51:52 PM »

paddle are at the bottome of the lake  (not very good ones )and it doesnt come with a pump , i use two chargable pumps i got at canadian tire one for inflating one for deflating, hand pumps dont give u the max air inside takes plus it takes too long ,the vinyl is thick and for deflating it sucks the boat of all air making it flat and very easy to fold. so i would invest in a couple if i were you. i'm living to ny till sept but the boat is being stored in van at my friends house > close to the pne <

I see....I'll probably pass cause I'd really like to have the full package instead of having to buy everything separately.

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 09:02:23 AM »

roughly how much did it cost? and did you buy one of their small boats that fold up into a carry bag or a larger model?
I bought a 12' Achilles with air floor that weighs 130lbs. I keep it packed up in its carry bag most of the time.
It was roughly $3K.

Spiznack

• Dominion Lending Centres Alta Pacific Mortgages
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 12:26:27 PM »

i have a intex seahawk 400 i wanna sell . me and my friend got one each last summer.  nice boats . thought about getting a seahawk 2 but its a heavy boat to carry esp when you have to do a walk it to the lake . like this model cause its light 38 lbs , sits low in the water which means you dont get blown around like crazy without an anchor and two 6 foot people can sit on each end and lay back without touching feet feelss good to do that when you have been fishing for 3/4 hrs.

Product Features
Brand New 2009 Model - Motor Mount Compatible
approx. 138" L x 57" W x 19" H, 4 person with  880 lbs capacity  Durable & Comfort
Rugged SUPER-TOUGHTM 30 ga. vinyl construction, 3 air chambers including an auxiliary air chamber in hull for extra buoyancy
2x fishing rod holders, 2x inflatable seat cushions, 2x Welded-on oar locks, 1x gear pouch
US coast guard approved
100 BUCKS this one was use 3 times

Do you still have this boat?  I have an interested buyer if there are no leeks.  Please click on my profile to email me details.  Thanks.
For Mortgage advice call Carlos @ 778-846-2567

FishOn36

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »

If any of you guys see these around preferably the 400 set with paddles and pump, please let me know where and how much it is!

FishOn36

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 11:46:38 PM »

Bump!

A few weeks back I picked up the Seahawk II from the "Gorilla Army Surplus" store downtown for $380.74 total. I haven't had a chance to take it out on the water yet, but I have pumped it up to see what it's like and it seems like a nice boat for TWO people w/gear, it claims to be able to hold 3 full grown people and a kid but ideally two grown men and fishing gear. My only gripe about it is that it's the old model which has the rod holders on the bow and stern versus the new style (shown here: http://www.intexcorp.com/boats_marine_seahawk_II.html) that has both rod holders on the stern which would be the cats arse for trolling ...as well flat square-ish seats (which I actually prefer over the new round style).

Note: Gorilla Army Surplus also carries the "Seahawk 400" ($169 or $189 not sure) as well as the "Mariner" which is $599. They have the motor mount for em too which are $79.

8)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 05:18:09 PM by FishOn36 »

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 03:05:17 PM »