Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: John Milner reel types  (Read 2835 times)

Wool

John Milner reel types
« on: March 25, 2016, 06:40:25 PM »

What is different with the Talisman Mark II and Kingfisher II as apposed to just the standard name?

Humpy

Re: John Milner reel types
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 08:01:49 PM »

This is what John has to say regarding the Kingfisher and the Kingfisher II differences.

"I made some minor changes to the kingfisher. Mainly to do with the way I mount the ball bearings and also the porting of the spool..I did it so that if a man wanted some new bearings I would know what to give him by the name on the reel. It was also a bit of marketing BS, like "the new and improved Kingfisher". I have now found a better way of identifying the part and have reverted to calling a Kingfisher a Kingfisher. I also have changed the shape of the main spindle (centre pin), I am not sure it's any better or worse but the fishermen say that they prefer it."

The talisman MKII is the newer model of the talisman reels. I am not sure on the exact differences, it may be best to contact John to find out.
I do know that most people prefer the older reels as opposed to the newer MKII reels.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Wool

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 08:35:39 PM »

The Mark II Talisman is my reel of choice. I have othe Talismans, but, this one rolls the best. The sprocket is different for sure, even compared against the newer ones.

I actually think I got this one from you a while back. T10-022. Absolutely a beautiful reel.

Humpy

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 10:06:14 PM »

Serial sounds familiar, if it's a clear on clear then it was probably from me. Glad to hear your enjoying it.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.