Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing Report March 6  (Read 2319 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Fishing Report March 6
« on: March 06, 2007, 04:34:45 PM »

Headed out this morning to take advantage of the weather before the expected deluge tonight. Arrived at the upper section and found a nice little run with one other fisherman present. He reported no action in the one hour he's been there. The run was just too nice not to make at least a few casts. I rigged up with a 30 gm DNE hook, 1/0 hook and 10 lb. leader. I started with prawns which has produced several steelies for me this year. After several minutes of thoroughly covering the water I switched over to a 6" BC Orange rubber worm. Nothing happened. I then tried a roe bag. No success. I decided to tie on a marabou jig and give it a few cast before moving. Good thing I did ! On the third cast into the far bank seam I felt a couple of taps. I set the hook and Fish On. The steelie just went ballistic, it jumped couple of times and headed downstream into the fast water breaking my line  :'( If anyone find a red top 30 gm DNE float, it's mine ! I tried several other runs but no love for me.

norm_2

Re: Fishing Report March 6
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 05:30:15 PM »

Fish Assassin, good report and you have done something I never get around to doing which is using different baits in one run.  One question please, did you cast anything into that seam with the other baits before the jig?  What I would like to know is, did the fish reject other baits but went for the jig.  Thanks.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 05:58:47 PM »

sounds like you had a good day despite no fish to the beach !! just shaking hands for a moment is always awesome  :)
good stuff!!!! I am starting to try jigs a lil bit more lately
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 06:07:25 PM »

Nice report , I will be out tomorrow with a couple of people as well..

You and Dave heading out tomorrow Freak??

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »

Headed out this morning to take advantage of the weather before the expected deluge tonight. Arrived at the upper section and found a nice little run with one other fisherman present. He reported no action in the one hour he's been there. The run was just too nice not to make at least a few casts. I rigged up with a 30 gm DNE hook, 1/0 hook and 10 lb. leader. I started with prawns which has produced several steelies for me this year. After several minutes of thoroughly covering the water I switched over to a 6" BC Orange rubber worm. Nothing happened. I then tried a roe bag. No success. I decided to tie on a marabou jig and give it a few cast before moving. Good thing I did ! On the third cast into the far bank seam I felt a couple of taps. I set the hook and Fish On. The steelie just went ballistic, it jumped couple of times and headed downstream into the fast water breaking my line  :'( If anyone find a red top 30 gm DNE float, it's mine ! I tried several other runs but no love for me.
Thanks for the report F/A,i think i saw your float today at the far bank,may be your fish was still there with it :D,o well ,sounds like you had a good time over at the flow

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 07:12:15 PM »

Fish Assassin, good report and you have done something I never get around to doing which is using different baits in one run.  One question please, did you cast anything into that seam with the other baits before the jig?  What I would like to know is, did the fish reject other baits but went for the jig.  Thanks.

Yes, I tried the other bait before the jig.

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 08:32:48 PM »

NO DICE 4 ME TODAY, DIDNT LIKE TO SUN BEING ON THE WATER !  >:( GOT BACK HOME AROUND 2 ISH, AND HIT UP A LOCAL LAKE AND GOT IN2 BUNCH OF BOWS ! PROB HEADING OUT AGAIN TOMMOROW, HOPEFULLY IT RAINS ! THE CONDITIONS WERE GOOD, BUT THERE WAS GUYS EVERYWHERE ! DIDN'T C OR HEAR OF NETHING BEING CAUGHT !

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 09:20:02 PM »

Nice report , I will be out tomorrow with a couple of people as well..

Have fun and good luck to you guys tomorrow,yum yum ;) ;) ;) ;)

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 11:07:20 PM »

Jig magic. Congrats to your catch FA. It takes skill to catch that fish after trying so many stuffs. Sometimes I wonder if we need to pound a run multiple times with different stuffs, but with so little fishing time in a day, I usually change up once & that is it.  ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 11:36:51 PM »

Float found and Maple Leaf logo quickly attached. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 12:20:31 AM »

Don't want it back Chris. You can keep it ! ;D May it bring it you alot of luck.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 01:35:19 AM »

CAPTAIN I was fishing just down from you today at 11 ish, today was the first time I hadnt touched anything in that section. Nice Truck!  ;)
Yes it was an awsome day today, Had to strip down to a T-shirt for the first time.  :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:37:36 AM by BigFisher »
The Bigger The Better!