Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stave River pink salmon opening  (Read 2151 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Stave River pink salmon opening
« on: October 07, 2005, 12:23:10 PM »

Hmm, a bit late... This was supposed to be announced last month but they forgot. I would think most pinks are not in a very good shape for eating. Chum salmon are starting to show up now, as well as some coho jacks. Good fishing on the Stave in the weeks to come for sure.

http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/xnet/content/fns/index.cfm?pg=view_notice&lang=en&DOC_ID=83608&ID=recreational

Effective immediately until December 31, 2005, you may retain four pink salmon per day in the Stave River downstream of the BC Hydro Dam.

Anglers are reminded that all salmon that are not being retained must be released immediately in a manner that causes the least harm. 

For more information contact your local Fisheries and Oceans Canada office or call the information line at (604) 666-2828.

Fisheries and Oceans Canada is very concerned about illegal fishing activity and asks for assistance from the general public in reporting activities of this nature or any contravention of the Fisheries Act and Regulations. Anyone with information can call the 24-hour, toll-free Observe, Record, Report line at 1-800-465-4336.

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
Re: Stave River pink salmon opening
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 01:40:46 PM »

I didn't see many pinks there at all though when I was there on wednesday.  ???

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Stave River pink salmon opening
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 01:45:51 PM »

I don't want to see any more pinks for a couple of years.