Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Furry Creek Pink Timing?  (Read 2959 times)

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
Furry Creek Pink Timing?
« on: August 15, 2015, 12:36:00 PM »

If the pink run normally goes into the Fraser last week of August, does that mean that they disappear from places like Furry Creek?

More extensively, will there be any good fishing there after say the 25th? This is my first season so I'm not sure how all the timing aligns...

anorden

Re: Furry Creek Pink Timing?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 03:39:06 PM »

Fury creek is already done. The fish there are all destined for the Squamish river and run earlier than the Fraser fish. As Rod says the Fraser will pick up at the end of the month so there's a 10 day quiet time to check your gear and plan the next trip!

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 04:44:21 PM »

There are still pinks to be had a Furry as of yesterday, but I doubt many will be around by the 25th. Possibly a few stragglers. You will need to chase them down in the Sqmamish system, but they will be getting stale by then or hit up the Vedder, which should be good first week in September.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 04:46:07 PM »

I dunno about that, anorden.

I caught two yesterday, and saw a lot of other people catching fish. Maybe it was slower than normal, but to me, it seemed like a lot.

As well, there were plenty of schools milling about , some going left, and some going right.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 10:12:26 PM »

Howe sound is still full of Pink Salmon and more springs showing up . As halcyonguitars said . To the left and to the right . I went there  a few days ago , nobody at Furry creek had much luck . I was trolling up and down for a couple hours and seen nothing caught nothing . I moved a couple miles and found a big swarm of them  ;D . there still around the sound 8)
Stay thirsty my friends  ;)
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 01:05:15 AM »

Thanks armytruck,

If you ever need someone to mitigate gas costs, let me know...;)

I don't have much to say, but much to learn...