Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Silly question... Regulations  (Read 1126 times)

David_R

Silly question... Regulations
« on: March 04, 2009, 01:47:39 PM »

I tried looking through the online pdfs of the regulations. But can't find it anywhere. What is the definition of stream in the regs.... Is the Fraser considered a stream, or the Skeena River??

I was fishing this morning and caught a couple of trout in the river, catch and release. But I know it says trout from streams, must be 30cm and limit of two.
Are they differentiating streams and rivers, or are all flowing bodies of water that head to an ocean or other stream etc etc considered a stream?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Silly question... Regulations
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:55:50 PM »

Streams, sloughs, rivers, creeks are simply lumped together as "streams and sloughs" in the regulations. So yes, the 30+cm, 2 per day, hatchery fish only apply to the Non-tidal Fraser River as well.

David_R

Re: Silly question... Regulations
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 02:55:35 PM »

Just making sure... was fishing the Kitsumkalum river and let two fat cutthroats go... my wife wants one for dinner now that I told her so I just wanted to be clear on the regulations. Thanks rodney... I downloaded the synopsis general/provincewide but didn't see that definition there, must be going blind at the ripe old age of 24