Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Monroe Lake July 1st, 2007  (Read 950 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Monroe Lake July 1st, 2007
« on: July 02, 2007, 10:04:26 AM »

My apologies to all downwind yesterday, while I dragged my steaming buns up the trail to Monroe lake. I haven't been there in about 10 years and forgot how steep the trail was. Late spring and early summer have always been good up there for the little brook trout that survive in this once damed lake. I had brought the old worm and bobber gear along as this was a favorite for them. I only managed one smallish fish in the hour + we were there and never took a picture because of the size of the fish and thinking there would be more to come. Unfortunately we got there a little late in the season and the fishing was slow. Also it seems the fish are getting smaller there. Lake area looks alot better than after they let the water out of the dam. Snow was almost gone from the area. Great workout thought, my legs are killing me. :(

Pictures of the lake:

Pig show camper who left most everything behind including his fishing gear. I would have kicked his *** into the lake.

Trail down the steep hill.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 04:41:54 PM by Rodney »
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Monroe Lake
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 04:24:47 PM »

The mud is bypassed alot by new trail. The worst is to hike to the ski village, that was a mud show when i did it once. Never made it yet to Dennet, have tried and we kept breaking through the snow, got tired and ended drinking the beer that was weighing us down. :-\ Dennet is probably were I would go now though as the fish do seem to be getting small in Monroe. Lots of them but small.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?