Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: huge trout in pond  (Read 5677 times)

fish fear me

huge trout in pond
« on: November 04, 2014, 09:40:39 PM »

I saw this video which shocked me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh_vnLF3WGg but peaked my curiosity in the comments the owner of the channel said it was in Aldergrove , BC does anyone know the name of this place (if it has one) or some specifics on where it is (I already commented about its location on the video but don't know if I will get a reply). Any help would be much appreciated.

rgm

Re: huge trout in pond
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 09:53:04 PM »

A quick google search had this show up. by the photos on the site, I would say this is the place.

http://www.fishbctrout.com/gallery.html

mikeyman

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 10:06:09 PM »

That is the trout farm in aldergrove. Took my nephews there a month ago. Was a blast. Used my own rod for them. The place has a for sale sign up I believe. Own you ur own fish farm.

ThatDeafGuy

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 10:19:24 PM »

Nice sized fish for sure, but there's no fun in that... Nothing more rewarding putting the time, sweat and blood into finding a good spot, trying countless methods and then figuring it all out!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 10:53:24 PM »

Nice sized fish for sure, but there's no fun in that... Nothing more rewarding putting the time, sweat and blood into finding a good spot, trying countless methods and then figuring it all out!

Eh, I agree but time is money! most people don't have that luxury. You won't see those kinds of fish in the wild unless its a really unfished but stocked lake
 lakes big or small are usually over fished and fished quickly they get release at catching size but they don't get the time to grow.
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 11:04:25 PM »

Those new Sage rods look hot.

Drewhill

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 11:14:13 PM »

Don't think the people that go there are as serious about fishing as most of us are.

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 12:05:04 AM »

I took the kids there a few weeks ago.  The number of fish in those ponds is crazy.  The fish are very cooperative so to help make the day last  a bit longer the owner gave us a couple of 3" bulltrout flies and we hung them under a good ol red and white bobber.  Slowly reeled them in and the action was non stop.  Perfect for the little ones and their short attention spans.  We were there for just over an hour and spent 16 bucks(?) I forget.  Perfect little afternoon outing.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 06:41:35 AM »

It's on bradner road. Pay to fish.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 11:07:35 AM »

Not sure if its the same owner but last time I was there with my kid, you were not allowed to use your own rod.  You also had to use barbed trebles and the bait that they provided.  You had to keep everything you hooked even the small ones. 

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 11:44:16 AM »

Q. Can we bring our own fishing rods? & Can I Bring my fly rod?
A. You can bring your own rods but they must have 12lb test line, a float (regular), and a Treble Hook, 3 prong... and NO you cannont bring any fly rods...
NOTE: fly rods are not allowed due to management's restrictions.

Fillibert

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 06:16:54 PM »

I noticed they did not kill the fish, does provincial law apply to private property?

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 06:28:55 PM »

I respooled my kids Barbie and Sponge Bob rods with cheap 12lbs test and he was ok with it.  The only down side was that it was a bright sunny day and my daughter couldn't see the reel light up when she reeled in, lol  ;D

fish fear me

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »

are there still huge trout in there like in the vid they would be great fun on lighter tackle or are there just average size stocked rainbows. its a little bit of a drive but my son would love to hook into one of those big ones.

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 10:09:38 PM »

I respooled my kids Barbie and Sponge Bob rods with cheap 12lbs test and he was ok with it.  The only down side was that it was a bright sunny day and my daughter couldn't see the reel light up when she reeled in, lol  ;D

Seriously, I need to get one of those rods, just for pink salmon fishing spice up fishing on the river!!  ???

are there still huge trout in there like in the vid they would be great fun on lighter tackle or are there just average size stocked rainbows. its a little bit of a drive but my son would love to hook into one of those big ones.

I have my doubts. That video was posted in 2012, so its almost 2 years old and it may not have even been posted right away either. I wouldn't be surprised its been fished out of the big stuff, unless they have some kinda staggered release program for fish they buy to fill the pond.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:12:13 PM by A Frayed Knot »
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.