Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peg Leg  (Read 15371 times)

silver ghost

• Old Timer
Re: Peg Leg
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 11:40:06 AM »

Clarki - they anchored out there to catch sturgeon but when they saw her we could hear a couple guys ask if they has binoculars on the boat LOL

boats, betties, and broads - you can't go wrong.

your dad must have quite the pair, LOL jk man.

Oilcruzer

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »

I really think the dangers and tragedies are under reported.  And that's just as dangerous, people not realizing how dangerous it really is.

Second time?  When was the other one lost?  Where else has this happened on the Fraser?  Seen a couple close calls myself at other places...  it happens fast.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »

i know ocassionally at scale, people wade to far down the bar and step right into the big hole.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

newb33

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 08:14:37 PM »

Was fishing at peg yesterday when the man drowned. went back to fish again today and where you cross there's a 4x4 post buried in the ground with a sign about the currents and danger and a long rope on a hook and sure enough someone still crosses I wonder if people know you can buy a sockeye from the reserve for 15 bucks sure sound worth the risk to potentially get to a better spot I anybody wade across this year yet I'd love to hear your rational behind it
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 08:45:04 PM by Rodney »

wonder

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 08:42:52 PM »

The man who fell in the water was a close friend of mine and cousin to a few members of this site, we will be out on the river tomorrow with a few boats searching for his body, if everyone boating or on the shore could please keep a lookout it would be greatly appreciated, the family deserves closure. Thank you to everyone.

fish.on

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 09:00:41 PM »

That is tragic. Did the man fall in from the high bank or from wading across the side stream?

I was there last weekend and notice the high bank in the lower portion being erroded away and falling into the river. Some guys with "fish on" and walking down stream pretty close to the edge...

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 09:26:28 PM »

The man who fell in the water was a close friend of mine and cousin to a few members of this site, we will be out on the river tomorrow with a few boats searching for his body, if everyone boating or on the shore could please keep a lookout it would be greatly appreciated, the family deserves closure. Thank you to everyone.

So sorry about your loss.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

arimaBOATER

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2011, 11:58:18 PM »

On CTV local 11:30 pm news they showed the grief of the mother....saying something to he effect.."Find my son's body"

Oh the sadness & heartache of this story. Totally preventable.

Maybe it is time to make it law to have a small life jacket or floation belt or canister where it fills with air in an emergency...
It is the hip waders that get filled with water that make it IMPOSSIBLE to surface in currents........ God comfort the mom & family & friends at this time of sadness. Prayer said.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 12:53:47 AM »

Fishhunter - for us it goes more like this. Spey rods, flies and broads  ;D LOL
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

jacked55

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 03:29:37 AM »

my condolences go to you and your family as well. i am truly sorry for your loss.