Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chedder river Oct 1st.  (Read 1789 times)

Sinaran

Chedder river Oct 1st.
« on: October 01, 2007, 09:19:09 PM »

The weather was awful, with the occasional pouring and constant strong wind, the fishing wasn't too enjoyable today.  Water visibility at the river was poor, it has also risen quite a few inches since last week.  Fished the upper at Allison pool, Ranger run, saw 3 cohos caught by the same old timer, all hatchery, but all r a little dark though.  that old dude released them all.   Then i went down river to lickman and couldn't see a sign of fish at all. about 10 fishermen around and no one was into fish. the rain started pouring by 1pm so i moved to the Crossing.  At the Crossing, i saw a total of about 10-14 fishermen on both sides of the river, i fished with roe, wools (tried pink, fire pink, peach, green, chartreuse and yellowish peach) to no avail. Few pinks were landed on the other side of the river, and another old timer caught a beautiful chrome bright hatchery coho..  couldn't stand the wind any more so i left by around 4pm.  one word to summerize my trip today..... SKUNKED!  (first time in a long time.)

Make sure u guys dress up tight to keep yourself warm at the river, it's chilly out there.
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
Re: Chedder river Oct 1st.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 10:00:32 PM »

Thanks for the report. You mentioned the visibility was poor. Was this for lower or upper river?

Sinaran

Re: Chedder river Oct 1st.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 11:22:35 PM »

Thanks for the report. You mentioned the visibility was poor. Was this for lower or upper river?
the lower.  the upper was still fishable.
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!