Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soft Bead Discolouration?  (Read 1218 times)

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
Soft Bead Discolouration?
« on: July 24, 2022, 05:45:29 PM »

Hello all. I hope everyone is doing well and getting a chance to fish. Last year I started collecting various colours of soft beads (e.g. BNR) and I place a sampling of them if my "field containers" to take to the river. I don't see the need to bring the entire bag of beads - just a few of each colour and size in a container all mixed together. However, this year when I went to check on them, I found they had discoloured! Light coloured beads turned a darker shade, while the darker colours seemed to maintain their colour. Some changed completely (e.g. my shrimp colour is now light cherry). Has anyone experienced this before? Do I need to keep each colour in an individual bag? Is it OK to have them in separate compartments in the same box? These beads are not cheap at $10 a bag.

Perhaps my "new" coloured beads will work well! LOL.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Soft Bead Discolouration?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 08:58:36 PM »

Don't worry about it. You will still catch fish on them. I find the same thing happening with plastics eg. worms. Sometimes a little different colouring will make all the difference.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 10:57:14 AM »

I had the same problem mixing other branded Jensen eggs together.  I guess the different chemicals in each color causes new reactions.  I'd say you should separate them.

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 10:23:15 PM »

I've also noticed different colors between different batches, and beads that have been fished a while are a different color from fresh beads. But yes, they all still catch fish. It's kind of like my bag of wool where the colors have bled together but I can still more or less pick out what I want and it still catches fish, if not better than before.